T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi , i have a question, whats the best way to get a design from a designer to a local printer? what format do the designer sumit his design to me so I can sumit it to the local printer? Thanks for any suggestions or comments, I'm a little confuse.

·
Premium Member
27,689 Posts
If you are working with a local printer, sometimes it's best to ask them directly which file format they prefer. Different printers have different preferences.

Most will "prefer" vector images, but many will work fine with high resolution raster images (like photoshop PSD files/TIFF/etc)

As far as how to physically get the design to the printer? Some have email addresses for this (again, it's good to ask the printer directly to see how they prefer to get files). Some will want it on a disk, some have an FTP server for you to upload files.

But if your designer can give you a vector file like an EPS file, you should be fine.

·
Registered
3,800 Posts
i think most designers know the file platforms printers work with. Vector files for example.

It depends on the art type and what process the printer will be using and what files they work with the most.

In general, AI, PDF, EPS, COREL Draw (my favorite)...... are common file types for printers.

·
Premium Member
27,689 Posts
i think most designers know the file platforms printers work with. Vector files for example.
That's a good point too. If you are working with an experienced designer who has done work for printers, they will know some of the common formats that printers prefer. You can always cross reference those with what the printer can handle (like if the designer is using a Mac and your printer is using all PCs)

·
Registered
70 Posts
As a designer ,myself when I am working with a printer for the first time I always contact them and ask. Trust me they will be more than happy to help you get the file to them th correct way.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts