T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About 10 days ago, a young guy came out to my shop and asked if I design or do business T-shirts . . ooh but of course, I said . .
(He install hitches for RV companies) . . .
I did a sample for the guy, he was pleased and then he ordered 1 dozen Tee's for him and his buddy . .
well, well, he came back to my shop this pass weekend, wanting me to do hats . . *snapping fingers - dag nabbit*~ . . sorry guy I can't do hats right now . . BUT, I can get someone to do them for you . . . well, the guy was really pleased with his Tee's . . he told me about the RV company that he was doing business with... that was located right around the corner from my shop . .
well, being a camper myself . . I designed a few camping Tee's and have them in my shop . .
so Saturday afternoon, I grabbed one of the camper Tee's and told the hubby I would be right back and left him in charged .. *smacking forehead*~ . .
so I went over to the RV place and introduced myself/company -- and started a small chat session with the owner and offered my Campers Tee as a gift . . .
. . the guy like the tee and asked if I could do his logo on the Tee's . . .
he then checked out the quality of the Tee, and said . . . Sure I can use some of these for the guys around here . . he handed me his card and said he wanted the same logo that was on the card on the T-shirts . . I told him nooo problem . . .
I gave him a color choice -- he gave me a list of sizes --
then I told him I would do him a sample of his design and stop back by Sunday Morning . . well before I left his shop . .
he had ordered 37 T-shirts . . .
*here comes the snoopy dance again*~ . .

Sunday morning arrives . . still all excited about this order . . but still shaking at the knees . . thinking this could be a huge task down the road . .
aaaaaaaaw the 1st foot in the door . . ya know what I mean . . .LOL*~ .. .

well . . I showed him the sample . . and he was really impressed with the out come . . . well guys . . . I am telling you . . . GET THAT FOOT IN THE DOOR

he up'd his 1st order was 37 tees to 58 tee's . . . and paid me in Full before I left out the door . . .

I might not get rich off of this one job . . but my foot is in the door . . .

Diane :)

·
Premium Member
27,698 Posts
Congrats Diane! One of the biggest things I learned about sales I learned from doing fundraising for a non-profit.

You NEVER know if someone will say yes unless you ASK. If you NEVER ask, then you are guaranteed you'll never hear YES. So don't be afraid to ASK! :D

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
G'Morning everyone . . .

well guys, if you haven't done IT yet . . putting your foot in the door, that is . ;) . . . just do IT, draw deep down inside of yourself to find that * I can do it nerve*~ . .

I did . . and the RV company has order 3 x's now --- this last order was for Golf Tees . . they do alot of RV shows and ALLOT of giveaways

My $1.50 giveaway has made me over $1,250.00+ in sales within the last 5 weeks

School and Football season is just around the corner . . .

Diane ;)

·
Registered
101 Posts
Good job Diane!!

I've found that you just gotta ask.
My stuff is mostly biker, hotrod, off road stuff. My wife and I were in a business this week. When the woman found out we made shirts, she said she wanted us to bring in some examples for her. She wants to buy some for herself and to sell.

Looks like I have to make some artsy/cratfy quilting and sewing shirts now. lol My wife will have fun with it.

You never know where a sale might come from.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts