T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I’m setting up a new business and would appreciate some expert opinion. I intend to do laser transfers predominately onto garments, tshirts etc. I am considering purchasing either the geo knight dk20s or the Adkins beta maxi heat press.

I am leaning towards the geo knight, as on paper it sounds of equal or higher quality than the Adkins, but also gives me added flexibility with depth of materials that can be pressed.

However I understand that successful laser transfer relies on consistent heat across the entire platen and high pressure.

Does anyone have experience of using the geo knight dk20s for laser transfer printing / pressing? And do you achieve consistent perfect results?

Additionally, does anyone have success of using magic touch wow transfer paper with the geo knight dk20s?

Finally, how do people rate the geo knight to the Adkins?

I ask, as I was convinced that the geo knight was a high quality press perfect for my requirements, but the sales rep at magic touch has now cast doubt and said it won’t work with their wow paper. Whilst the Adkins (which unsurprisingly they are trying to sell me) will work.

All / any advice very much appreciated

Thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The GeoKnight is of the highest quality. One of our best sellers. There should not be a problem using it for any application.
Thanks. Looking through all the heat presses you sell, the Geo Knight is the same or higher quality as stahls hotronix, hix etc?
Would you recommend for laser toner transfer?
Really appreciate all the advice

·
Registered
6,874 Posts
Those three manufacturers produce the highest quality available and ll provide excellent service if needed. All will apply any transfer paper source. Inkjet, laser, sublimation, etc.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.