T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just getting started as a hobbyist who wants to create a few shirts here and there. I am intending to use heat transfers that I print on an inkjet, custom transfers that I design and are created by a vendor. Don't know about doing vinyl as I don't think I want to invest in a cutter just yet. The Geo Knight and Hix Swingman Hobby lite are both 9x12 and seem very similar. Any opinions on the advantages or disadvantages of each? Also looking for a service oriented re-seller, not looking to save $10 and then get lousy service. Also saw the Stahls craft press: https://www.stahls.com/craft-heat-press which is a clamshell type. Don't know if this is comparable to the geo knight and Hix...
Thanks,
Bubba

·
Registered
254 Posts
You cant rely on a heat press having perfectly consistent heat all the way to all of the edges of the platen, so 9x12 is quite limiting, you'll outgrow it fast. The sweet spot is a 16x20 which will also be easier to sell if you decide it's not your thing after all.

·
Registered
9,219 Posts
If you can't afford or don't want to pay for a 16x20 get a 15 inch. It will last a long time and will do 99% of what you want to do.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts