T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
Just ordered a Geo Knight DK20 press as my no name import just went crazy on me... in the middle of an order.
The old unit turned on and off on its own, then the temp kept rising .. I turned it off at 394 degrees (f). Wanting to finish the shirt already on the press I lowered the press & sparks came out of the platen, mind you the unit was off. That was enough for me, I unplugged the unit an was ready to order my DK20. I have read on forums of fires cause by these units I now can see why. Hope I get it in time this order is due out by Friday.

Any tips, techniques, advise on the new DK20?

· Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well received my new press and put it to work immediately .. had to complete an order, 120 pieces. I must say what a difference from my old import. From the way it was packaged for shipping to operation - very solid. Although I cant bad mouth my import too much I learned the ropes on it but it couldnt handle the volume I was now doing.
The DK20 is a very impressive machine much more space in the rear between the top heat platen and the bottom platen, it also takes up more space on my work bench. My only concern is it cools alot faster then my old press a good 10 degrees or so, but as with any machine you have to figure out how the machine operates and in time adjust accordingly. So far so good.

· Registered
420 Posts
There are things you can do to help. Pre-heat the lower platen for a minute before starting a run. If the temp drops lower than the stated press temp, add a few extra seconds to the press, or increase the set temp a few degrees to help compensate. Most transfers are somewhat forgiving in their application. Just test.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.