T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a Geo Knight 16 x 20 Digital Swinger Heat Press.

If so, how do you like it or what is your review on it. I was going to buy a hotronix until I saw the twin shuttle attachment that Geo offers, thought that it was a pretty nice add on.

Would be nice to be pressing one shirt while getting the other one prepared. Does anyone have one or has anyone used the twin shuttle in person. Here is the link for the twin shuttle.

Geo Knight & Co Inc - Heat Presses Heat Press Machines Heat Press Machinery

Thanks for the info

·
Registered
746 Posts
i don't have the shuttle attachment (tho there have been a LOT of times i wish i did!!) but i absolutely LOVE my DK20S and wouldn't trade it for anything else!! :D

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the reply.

Just wanted to see why you picked the GEO Knight over the the brands(i.e. hotronix). I cant decide between the two. I did not know about the GEO until yesterday, than I saw the shuttle and thought that would really be a great time saver. Did you look at all the other brands before the GEO or did you just like that one. Do you think it is an equal brand to the others.

THanks

·
Registered
746 Posts
LOL sorry, i saw your PM before i saw your post....anyway - like i said, i chose the knight press for it's versatility (swing versus clam - i do a lot of stuff other than shirts on mine...) and for the company's well-deserved reputation for customer service. i have 3 knight presses - dk20s, mug press and twin cap press - and am stuck on them big time! i'm personally eyeing that automatic shuttle with lust in my heart :D

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Just some differences and advice to add to your consideration:

The Hotronix press has a true digital pressure readout whereas the Knight is a height gauge.

The Hotronix has interchangeable bottom platens which can come in handy for odd items such as bags or for ease of loading on polo shirts or anything with buttons or zippers.

Pretty big difference in warranty. Hotronix carries 5 years on the press and Knight 1 year.

I'm not to sold on moving the garment/ transfer after it has been loaded so i'm not sure about the shuttle (which is also my knock on the hotronix draw). I have never seen the swing away shuttle operate, just the clamshell, but I assume that it is the same and you need to slide the bottom platen over into the operable area after it is loaded. This could cause issues with the garment sliding across the table that the heat press is positioned on, so I think the stand would be recommended if you went with this configuration. Also another question to ask is whether or not the shuttle set up effects the presses ability to swing and give you a heat free workspace - I don;t think it does, but I haven't seen any photos with this style swung open. Now to be fair if these concerns are addressed then it is a nice concept.

I would recommend calling Jack from Alpha Supply. He is a sponsor here and sells both brands of presses, so he should be able to provide an unbiased view - I am obviously leaning towards the Hotronix because of my familiarity with it. I'm putting the Knight press on my list to investigate at the next trade show I attend.

·
Registered
746 Posts
alan, i tried to reply to your last PM but......your folder is full :p gotta take out the trash bud LOL!

·
Registered
6,008 Posts
I like the idea of the shuttle , but wht josh says make sense. I still like Hix products best. I guess it's because I have heard of timer and heat issues with the GEO knight and I had digital issues with my hotronix. .... JB

·
Registered
225 Posts
Does anyone have a Geo Knight 16 x 20 Digital Swinger Heat Press.

If so, how do you like it or what is your review on it. I was going to buy a hotronix until I saw the twin shuttle attachment that Geo offers, thought that it was a pretty nice add on.

Would be nice to be pressing one shirt while getting the other one prepared. Does anyone have one or has anyone used the twin shuttle in person. Here is the link for the twin shuttle.

Geo Knight & Co Inc - Heat Presses Heat Press Machines Heat Press Machinery

Thanks for the info
Here is a survey of shuttles in another thread post...
http://www.t-shirtforums.com/p345176-post5.html

·
Registered
225 Posts
Just some differences and advice to add to your consideration:.......Pretty big difference in warranty. Hotronix carries 5 years on the press and Knight 1 year..
From GeoKnights warranty at the end of this pdf...
http://www.heatpress.net/pdf/dk20sman.pdf

GeoKnight Warranty for the DK20S heat control is (3) years, the heating element is warranted for the lifetime of the press, and 1 year on everything else.

From Hotronix website...
"For Hotronix® and Phoenix™ brand heat presses there is a five(5) year warranty on major components, two(2) year warranty on the circuit board and a one(1) year on all other components"

Since it is relevant to the warranty length, it is possible to double the manufacturer's warranty on most Hotronix, GeoKnight and Hix presses for $9.99 to $14.99 at the time of purchase. I do not know if any other distributor offers this.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I've been thinking about the dk20 press also because of its features, warranty and versatility. but i read on the hotronix site that their clam press has the widest opening on the market. i think it's supposed to be about 55degrees. need help with making a wise final decision (eenie meenie minee moe) :D
-jjsmalls08

·
Registered
225 Posts
I've been thinking about the dk20 press also because of its features, warranty and versatility. but i read on the hotronix site that their clam press has the widest opening on the market. i think it's supposed to be about 55degrees. need help with making a wise final decision (eenie meenie minee moe) :D
-jjsmalls08
The Hix HT600D 16x20

and the Hix HT400D 15x15

both open approx 70 degrees wide. :)

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
we love the swing away feature, and the height adjustments, also a lifetime warranty on the heating element, we sent ours back and got it replaced in about a week, have had this machine for 7 years, still going strong

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
-jjsmalls08
The main differences between the DK20 and the hotronix and hix has to do with pressure and how it is adjusted and where it is located.

Also the operation and ease of use ranges for each press. For considering the features on the Hotronix, this video post may help: http://www.t-shirtforums.com/t-shirt-articles/t58260.html

be sure to watch the Hotronix one.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I would invest in Hotronix or GEoKnight product instead of Hix product. I had really bad experience with Hix. (Swingman 20d 16x20).

1 - 15 of 15 Posts