T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Curious...what does everyone focus on to generate traffic to their site? Social media like Facebook or Instagram, or good ole' fashioned SEO? Anything else?

Thanks
Rick
Geekduds.com

·
Registered
73 Posts
Curious...what does everyone focus on to generate traffic to their site? Social media like Facebook or Instagram, or good ole' fashioned SEO? Anything else?

Thanks
Rick
Geekduds.com
Hello,
I am not there yet as I'm only beginning but, I believe only so much in social media - for many reasons but, one of them is that if you have to ship - you have to charge shipping. So, you can't really Worldwide unless you are selling the last shirts on Earth...
So, I have lots of plans to go out there, live - leaving leaflets, pamphlets, business cards - churches, diners, universities, etc... Giving recycling bags & pens with my logo and contact info...
Hope this helps a little... :)
P!erre!

·
Registered
3,193 Posts

Thanks
Rick
Geekduds.com
Random traffic is just burning money.

You need to focus on a niche, or have something everyone would want to buy.

·
Premium Member
221 Posts

Thanks
Rick
Geekduds.com
I know in today's world with all the social media it may sound old fashion but Impression4444 has a point. The "Feet on the Ground " is still a viable method to get your business up and running. Go to local events ( outdooor shows, local school events , city festivals....Ect ) and hand out cards, free t-shirts with your design on it, wear you own designs out and about , anything to get noticed and get your name out there...sales is never easy but persistence can pay off and you have to work hard at it....

·
Registered
449 Posts
That depends on what you are selling? Now hear me out.
If you are selling multiples to teams, orgainzation, clubs, groups, you need to focus on influcence and referal marketing. That means join and be active in business networking, chamber, BBB and special interest groups. But you MUST ask for the business of those you meet.

If you are sellling to the consumer, the ones and two's and the accaisional 'party' gig, you need to be CONTROVERSIAL. For this approach, you WILL need to BLOG. (I know what you are thinking. "Whose got time for that?")

Everything you need is delivered to your fintertips or on the news.
Now what I mean by controverisal is to enter into the coversation your community is having. IF they are talking about Chickens in the Street, write a blog and exhibit a T with a chicken and text for each side. Make sure it's an awesome chicken.

3D plastic guns. DOn't take a position, but EXPRESS their passion. Blog it!

ONce established, approach the specialty shops in your area. They love selling 'controversial."

To succeed in this 'grassroots' effort you must learn how to leverage the art of SEO. It is easy if you select the right keywords, use proper reduncancy, and enhance with goolge calteralal called Y-Tube VIDEO. Word clouds offered by all the SM portals makes it real easy to pick the key words.

"Houston, we have a problem."
Garment printers are too busy with the care and feeding of their machines, and ordering consumables, and planing the next upgrade or expansion. These business owners are too mentally exhausted to write a well structured, engaging blog. I get it.

Writing is the 9th most requested 'sharing economy' resource. Find yourself a realiable ghost writer.
Best of success to you.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
If you're selling in a niche, open a facebook FAN PAGE for that niche. Post lots of interesting, eye-catching pics and articles. Encourage vistors to 'Like' your page and tag others. When you start to get a decent following, casually introduce products that you know your fans will love. It's a captive audience, it's free, and you can freely place external links to your site, something that's frowned upon in facebook paid-for ads as it takes people away from facebook.

·
Registered
1 Posts
All great ideas, we are not great at social media, we have the best of luck with our store front signage, word of mouth and now SEO. We would like to be better with social media, however we just don't have the time to work on it most days and cannot afford a dedicated person either.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Have a great day! We live in the internet era. Of course, people will start evolving their social media accounts on Facebook/Instagram and optimize their texts and sites with multiple SEO tools and plagiarism checker services. This is inevitable, and the business cannot ignore the internet, so more and more sites today use help from SEO specialized companies to have more traffic, which means more potential customers and more money. SEO optimization and social media are the future of human evolution.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts