T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi i have just a basic question. i wanted to know what people usually pay to print cotton shirts similar to a brand like hurley. Now i know price varies on quantity. but lets say i wanted 200-300 shirts made up, what would a low-high cost be to get these made. Then what is the average markup for retailing them yourslef????

·
Registered
82 Posts
I pay about $3.70 each for great shirts. You can get shirts a LOT cheaper.

Printing (not including all the one-time setup fees) can range from $1.15 each (small design on chest) to $3.15 each (three color, all over belt print).

I make sure I can charge 3-4 X my production costs, but it really depends on the popularity of the design. I can sell a basic logo shirt for $20, but would need over $30 for a more complicated all-over design.

Assuming you have all the proper business paperwork, you can get wholesale prices from shirt suppliers and trade pricing from contract printers. That will lower your costs considerably.

R.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Entropy Guy,
Can I ask where you get your shirts from?
Thats a decent price if there good shirts. Most I have found to be bad quality.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Entropy Guy,
Can I ask where you get your shirts from?
Thats a decent price if there good shirts. Most I have found to be bad quality.
I buy from American Apparel. Love their shirts. And everything is made in the US. You will have to jump through hoops to be set up as a wholesaler. Make sure you have all the necessary stuff (business licence, sales tax resellers permit, etc.).

You can get decent shirts for less if you get set up as a wholesaler at a local distributor. Make sure you ask them if they have minimums. I had one place tell me I had to buy $5K a month to get better pricing.

R.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts