T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
(I posted this message in the "heat press" forum too, because I wasn't sure where it belongs)

Hi, I'm new to the forum. I have a general question about printing. I have a vintage t-shirt iron-on that I would like put on a t-shirt. The iron-on is in excellent shape but it is probably more than 10 years old. Do you think this will transfer okay to a t-shirt, even if I have it done professionally? Can anyone tell me the best way to get this iron-on onto a shirt? I am worried that if I try to iron it on myself, I will ruin it. I really love this iron-on and want to get it on a shirt.

I called a printing company and the lady told me that it wouldn't transfer very well because it's old. It looks to be in great shape, though. I thought someone on this forum would have an opnion. Thanks for your help!!

·
Registered
86 Posts
My suggestion would be to spend 10 bucks on some iron on transfer paper at Office Depot or someplace that sells the stuff. Scan your image and print it to the newer transfer paper. I agree with the lady that you called. I think the older paper will disintegrate even with a professional quality heat press. This way you and your iron could play with the design without ruining the original.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What would cause the paper to disintegrate? I will try what you are saying. Other people have told me the same thing. It's just that the iron-on has a lot of neat glitter colors. Thanks.

·
Registered
86 Posts
desertangl said:
What would cause the paper to disintegrate? I will try what you are saying. Other people have told me the same thing. It's just that the iron-on has a lot of neat glitter colors. Thanks.
When I'm playing with heat transfers I use 250-350 degrees with my heatpress. The level of heat and the age of the transfer just makes me nervous.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts