T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
I think it depends on what you're doing and how much you want to do. Meaning, if you have too many sections in a store I think it gets overwhelming - I know I won't scroll down a page for too long - then again that's just me. I do think you can have a store with separate and large sections as long as the navigation is clear and easy. I have 2 that are totally one theme and one that has several, in hindsight I would have kept the one separate and added the other to the "group sections" site. Now if they kept the design files separate for each store, I'd happily pay the money...back to that pesky scrolling issue!

Di

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Volley Chick! :) Well no, I don't think my problem is scrolling, but I know what you mean, I tend to large sections broad categories like Halloween. I don't have many themes and for the most part they go together...

When I started at cp I did the basic stores, found that was to difficult to promote so I combined them into a Premium, like you're supposed to. ;) Then I wasn't happy with that seemed to disjointed and yes, was getting a little long. Okay then I got another Premium, now I'm simplifying this the store went through alot of changes, themes, designs and so on. Eventually both stores looked pretty much the same (both General) but with differant designs of course, no I wasn't happy with that, was kinda like competing with myself as far as marketing...well you can imagine, so I ditched the second premium...right, now I'm back to where I started with the basics, I'm thinking that I need to market the individual sections by promoting independant urls rather than the whole store itself. As an example I have both Halloween and just started doing Horror, well the Horror is okay by the Halloween crowd but the Horror people are not up for Halloween pumpkins. See what I mean, so now I'm thinking I should go to seperate stores, but yes, ALOT of work to fill a second premium, so again I think I should market the sections seperately keeping them on a single store for now at least. Guess that's what I need help in deciding...

Thanks
Marie :)

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK I decided! lol I opened a second premium for a new interest/involvement (urban agriculture) oh and a couple of blogs that relate to that subject. So now I'll try the niche market thing.

I also neatened up the original store to about a half a dozen themes that go together, that seems to have helped sales as well. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts