T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone

I want advice of how to display my designs on my Website. I know the professional way is to take pictures of the tshirt with the design. However, I have 40 different items and I do not want to have that inventory lying around, especially if no one order that size. I want to print by demand. I ordered only enough inventory to get me started and if I print on the shirts I will have to reorder, which I prefer not to do until I made sells. I will eventually take pictures as people order shirts.

Is there another way to display my designs and still have a professional look?

·
Registered
344 Posts
Re: General Advice

I would use a tshirt template and a photoshop like program to put your image on it. Find an image of a blank tshirt and scale down your design and using the program to center the image on the blank shirt image. You could use a "cartoon" like image of a shirt as well. Similar to the one you see on the left side of this post under my forum name!
Alot of sites do theirs like this.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

What are some tshirt templates to use? I have Adobe Illustrator is that a good tshirt templete to use?

·
Registered
4,766 Posts

That is not a template. that is a program. Just get a shirt off the internet. There are a lot of blank shirts available then superimpose the design on shirt. That is what I do.I do not pre print any of my shirts unless I need to hand it to a client. If you have illustrator you should be able to do this. if you can not find a blank tee let me know and I will e mail you one. Lou

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Thanks Lou. I will try to do more search and if I cannot find anything I will email you. I think this will be the best route to go to save inventory, especially at the start.

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts

Greatness07 said:
If I use a tshirt template, will that affect purchases?
It can cost you some sales, but since the alternative it making up shirts you might not sell it's probably a worthwhile tradeoff.

·
Registered
1,970 Posts

Depends on your demographic. For graphic art fashion items (a la Threadless), I think it will hurt sales.

For text-based etc, I don't think it would have much of an impact.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Here is a good idea for displaying your design on t-shirts without actually making the shirts...
Set up a cafepress shop.... upload your designs... put your designs on their t-shirt templates.... save the image of the shirt with your design to your computer... then put those images on your website.

Cafepress has a good looking image of all different styles of shirts with your design on it.
Here is an example...

Attachments

·
Registered
401 Posts
Here is a good idea for displaying your design on t-shirts without actually making the shirts...
Set up a cafepress shop.... upload your designs... put your designs on their t-shirt templates.... save the image of the shirt with your design to your computer... then put those images on your website.
That is actually against the CafePress TOS to do that. So I wouldn't recommend you do.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I do not want to open a cafepress shop just to use their t-shirt image. If I open a store and upload my image, they will most likely want me to sell my shirts from their store.

·
Registered
3,800 Posts
Adam said:
That is actually against the CafePress TOS to do that. So I wouldn't recommend you do.
yes, don't do it. It's not cool.

just take a picture of shirts on model mody forms, play around with them on a simple paint program and make your own......or ask around and someone might give you some ready to go. ;)

·
Registered
3,800 Posts
skulltshirts said:
Im sure their are alot of people who would do this. Only makes sence to have your product out as many places as you could. The more people see your stuff, means more chances of selling your stuff.
... that is why peeps expand into wholesale to sell to re-sellers etc.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts