T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I'm really sorry if this has been asked before, I have used the search thread tool and have come out with no real answers to my questions...

I am printing 100 Shirts for a friend, we have a flash curer, a 1 colour press and all the basics we need to get going, we have a problem when we print our shirts we cure them and they seem to scorch the shirt before they are cured, i took a shirt and it got scorched and the print still faded terribly when washed. I am considering using waterbased ink with a catalyst (black ink on daisy gildan shirts) for this order to get it out of the way so I have a bit more time to get things sorted...

Also, What angle and pressure should be put on the squeegee? I have a D cut squeegee and still get bleeding quite often and I think this is down to my squeegee technique.

If anyone can advise me on how to sort it that would be great!

Thanks in advance, George

· Registered
870 Posts
are you currrently using plastisol ink?

the first thing I would look at is how high off the platen is your flash unit? you want to be about 3.5 inches above, this should allow the ink to cure without scorching the shirt. Also, if you havent already, a temp gun is a great investment to ensure your image is fully cured.

as for the bleeding issue, check your off contact, it should only be about 1/8th of an inch above your shirt, also you may be flooding to thickly, try a pass with the squeege at 65 degrees and then a second pass at about 80 degrees, both with firm pressure.

good luck!:)

· Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am using plastisol ink at the moment.
my heating platen is about 3 - 4 inches away and it still scorches. I will try adjust it when im in the workshop tomorrow and see if I have any luck.

I will get a heating gun to finish the cure so I can be sure!
Cheers!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.