T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hopefully someone can help. Many hours trying to figure this out without success.
Bought a 2nd hand GCC Puma 3 as a 2nd machine to run alongside my Bren626 (essentially a Jaguar i think). All i can get the puma to do when i send a file is the start the vacuum briefy. Nothing in print queue. No errors. Just doesnt cut.
I normally create files in Sihloette and import to Sure cuts alot for printing. Works great with the Bren but not the puma.
The puma will cut a test cut no problem when commanded from the control panel. I do think it is working ok. Confinced it is a setting or a driver issue. Anyone similar experience?
Thanks in advance

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Finally got it to cut by using the cut with GCC in the cutter tab and not the normal file print command that i use with the BREN. But the PUMA is much much noisier than the Bren when the head lifts for each engauged cut. Loud tapping noise every time the cutter moves. Basically hundreds of times per cut file. Much louder than the motor moving the cutting head. Appreciate any advice.

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Finally got it to cut by using the cut with GCC in the cutter tab and not the normal file print command that i use with the BREN. But the PUMA is much much noisier than the Bren when the head lifts for each engauged cut. Loud tapping noise every time the cutter moves. Basically hundreds of times per cut file. Much louder than the motor moving the cutting head. Appreciate any advice.
discovered this is the normal operation of the puma. Just alot louder than my other machine

· Registered
4 Posts
Hello guys, can you please help me with the plugin for Corel draw x22, can't find it anywhere, I've bought a second used one, and it just came with the cable, and I need to learn how to cut contour, I tried to registered to the GCC club, but it doesn't allow me, I've sent an email and waiting an answer, thank you.

· Registered
4,702 Posts
Hello guys, can you please help me with the plugin for Corel draw x22, can't find it anywhere, I've bought a second used one, and it just came with the cable, and I need to learn how to cut contour, I tried to registered to the GCC club, but it doesn't allow me, I've sent an email and waiting an answer, thank you.
i think you just need great cut4
but any cutting program like sure cuts alot will allow you to print and cut (just not directly from coreldraw)

· Registered
4 Posts
I don't understand the obsession with plugins. What's wrong with just saving your design from CD and cutting it with SCAL (or whatever cutting software works with your cutter)? Anything that gets the job done is fine by me.
Hi Webtreker, it's not about plugins, its about cutting from contour, if you can guide me how to save the printed with contour happy to follow your steps

· Registered
1,695 Posts
Hi Webtreker, it's not about plugins, its about cutting from contour, if you can guide me how to save the printed with contour happy to follow your steps
  • Save your design as a vector file (SVG,AI,etc).
  • Import into your cutting software (I use SCAL5).
  • Scale and position your imported artwork.
  • Print with Registration Marks (important for contour cuts).
  • Cut using the Reg Marks to line up your design.

· Registered
4,702 Posts
you can also just import a transparent png,
your cutting program should have a function to add the cutlines
most decent cutting programs are incredibly accurate, soon as they hit the transparent-color edge....

why do you not just go back to an earlier coreldraw?
new is not always better, as you have found out

· Registered
4 Posts
hi guys, I did, also installed greatcut4 , and something is not right as instead searching for the reg marks, he cuts a part of the design and then searches the reg marks in wrong place, will put it to sell and go for a newer summa, I've got this as fast way to start a job that requires a lot a cut contour, until I cash in, but I should've known the buying a old machine will give me problems

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.