T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have experience with the GCC Jaguar IV trying to correct tracking issues?

I'm not having success with DAS getting support, nor through GCC directly. I can't get my vinyl to track straight for more than about 1-3 feet. Anytime I try to cut more than 4 feet my vinyl slides about 1/4-1/2 inch. The claim that DAS made about this particular cutter was that it would track up to 10 yards. Not even close!

I don't know if it's the rollers, pinchers, or if I'm just a moron - but I can't get it to track straight for any length of cut over 2 feet.

If anyone has had this issue and been able to resolve it please let me know.

PS - I've played with the pressure, I tried 2 pinchers and/or 3 - but nothing seems to work. I've even measured the hash marks that are pre-installed and they seem to be accurate. When I line the vinyl up to the marks, it still goes off during cutting.

Thanks for your help in advance!

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, I have the stand and have tried using the rollers with the end caps that go inside the tubes. I do unroll the vinyl about 6-8 feet so there isn't pressure but that doesn't seem to work either.

When the vinyl is first loaded, I have to choose roll, edge, or single - most of the time I choose roll. This makes the cutter measure the width of the material, but not the length. I will then press the button to feed the material through and see if it is on straight. What I find is the material tracks fairly straight (when I get it lined up) - but when it starts cutting then that's where the problems start. It's almost like the pinch rollers aren't putting enough pressure on the vinyl to keep it securely in place. I don't see anywhere to adjust them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.