T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a GCC Jaguar II-61 cutter used about 6 months ago and am still having problems when I cut, especially circles. In one design, circles in one section will be cut completely perfectly, while another section the ends do not meet up. If I try cutting it again, the same thing happens, but in different sections than the first time!

I have tried every single offset value, will find one that is perfect, then test it again, and now it's off. I have increased the overcut, but that doesn't help either. I have replaced the cutting strip and blade, cleaned/checked the rollers, and tried every single combination of speed, pressure, and offset available and I cannot figure out what is wrong. The motor makes a strange humming/whining noise when it is online so I don't know if this is the problem or if it's normal?

I contacted GCC and they had me do a firmware upgrade and parameter erase, which didn't do anything, and when I responded with the results and what to do next, they stopped responding! I have gotten by this long by cutting my decals 2-3 times on the slowest speed (cut once, then recut twice, all in same spot) but it is very time consuming. And when I cut templates, I just have to live with the results and have sections that stones have to be placed by hand, not brush, since cutting the flock over and over just makes a mess of it.

Anyone ever had this issue or know how to fix it? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!

· Registered
172 Posts
The motor noise is normal. What software are you creating your vector works in? Are you using Great Cut? If so, have you tried to copy and paste the vector work directly into Great Cut versus importing it? Are you connected USB, Serial or parallel? MAC/PC? Operation system?

I could go on. But you need to provide more info as there are way to many factors that can be the culprit. The more info you provide will most likely result in useful answers.

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm using CorelDraw X5 on a PC with Vista, connected via USB. I don't believe it's the software or cable, since when I do the test cut feature on the machine itself, the same thing happens, even if it's not connected to the computer.

· Registered
172 Posts
I'm using CorelDraw X5 on a PC with Vista, connected via USB. I don't believe it's the software or cable, since when I do the test cut feature on the machine itself, the same thing happens, even if it's not connected to the computer.
I'm confused now. You can't get a good cut job if the test cut isn't passing. Also are you using 30/45/60 degree blades? Material you're cutting?

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
When I do a test cut, it may look perfect, then do another with the same settings, and now it's off. I've tried 45 and 60 blades, and cut everything from fdc 3700 to sandblast and flock. Problem is the same no matter what I cut.

I have opened the top and all connections are secure. Where would I find a new motherboard for this model?

And why is the noise normal? What is it? I don't keep it online cause the sound drives me nuts!

· Registered
172 Posts
I follow Plan B's advice.

Also one more thing to try before you throw the towel in is to check to make for sure it's not your pinch rollers. Does the roll of vinyl feed correctly if you manually feed 1yd. forward and then select edge? If its skewing then your pinch rollers are your problem. Regardless how nice they look. If you got the machine used and didn't replace them yourself they are probably the original ones and are easily over 5yrs. old.

Also you don't want it to be a mobo problem cuz they ain't cheap.

Good luck and let us know how it turns out.

Good look.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.