T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! I need some help with a very random issue with my GCC cutter. I have contacted tech support with no luck. Their customer service is horrible. I am randomly getting a line when cutting. It is cutting a letter then will suddenly go straight up, down or sideways several inches and then back to finish cutting the letter. It is very random. It may not do it for weeks and is not repeatable. I can cut the same file right after the errant line without closing GreatCut and it will not do it. It never happens twice in a row, never the same file. There is no errant point or line in the file. I have updated the driver and software per tech support several weeks ago. All was good until yesterday. I have attached an example of what it is doing. Cut the same file again right after and it cut fine. The rest of the jobs yesterday cut fine. There is not a fan on moving the material, my blade is set correctly, and the force is correct. All questions tech support asked. Any help would be greatly appreciated! I do not like wasting material! Their suggestion was to video it happening. I never catch it until the file is done cutting and I am starting to weed it. I can't sit and video every single job I cut waiting for it to happen so I can video it.

Thank you!
Kristi

Attachments

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
What computer are you using, pc, mac,..
? It may be caused by spurious noise signals in the usb connection.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It is a PC. I have thought about that as we have a plasma cutter and noise interference is an issue with it. The issue is that it is so random. I mean I can go weeks without it happening. I do not recognize anything that is different when it happens as far as the usb cord, computer, etc.

·
Registered
3,448 Posts
static charge?
does your cutter have a ground?
check this

are you ever running another device from your computer while cutting?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
static charge?
does your cutter have a ground?
check this

are you ever running another device from your computer while cutting?
I asked the tech about that and he said static charge would not be an issue. I do not believe the cutter is grounded, but it is a plastic case sitting on a metal stand. I do not see a way to ground it. There isn't a metal area to attach that would not be in the way. I looked at the static string but there isn't a good place to attach it and again, it would be attached to a plastic case. Right now, it is not dry where the cutter is at all. Our furnace has not been running and it is really more humid in the area where the cutter is than anywhere.

No, the cutter is the only device connected when cutting.

Kristi

·
Registered
3,448 Posts
change the baud rate to its lowest setting

i know you have done it already, but try a complete uninstall (incl. the registry entries, use the free revo uninstaller as windows will not uninstall the registry items)

try a new usb connector or the serial port, don't do anything else on the computer while cutting

1 - 6 of 6 Posts