T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I had an old GCC the expert 24 1 I guess? Anyway the part that pushes the blade down to cut stopped pushing the blade down and I “upgraded” to the GCC expert II.. not knowing about the blade issue.. so the shank for the new blades are 2.5 versus the old 2 that would work with Roland and everything else. Does anyone know if another blade holder would work to go back to the 2mm or if there is a coupler to get rid of the .5mm (longshot I know) I’d just prefer to pay 15-20 for 8-20 blades vs 40 for 4 blades..

· Registered
404 Posts
I use an old expert 24 (1) blade holder in my expert 24lx II , it cuts vinyl fine but for pictures it touches and cuts the picture wrong. You can try ebay for china copies of the blade holder. Alternatively you can contact GCC directly ( i have for replacement 2.5 blades ) . I don't know why they would change the blade size other than forcing you to buy OEM instead of generic. I can purchase 2mm blades for about $1 each while paying about $10 each for 2.5 mm blades. I mainly use UScutter for vinyl cutting now and only use the GCC for cad cut.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.