T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We purchased a GCC Expert 24LX vinyl cutter and we are using Easy Cut Studio on Apple computers. The biggest problem we have is that, when we start cutting, the cutter will roll out over a foot of vinyl before it starts cutting. I have looked for a setting to adjust this and cannot find anything. I have the design at the very top of the project document in Easy Cut Studio. The image attached is how much vinyl the machine rolled out before it started cutting.

Also, how the hell do I set the margins properly? Sometimes the design will be outside the margins even though I have the design pushed over an inch from either side in the design document. When this happens, the cutter won't cut the design yet there will be plenty of space on the vinyl.

Finally, how in the world do I get the roll to stay straight? I have the roll on the rollers provided and I make sure that I put the vinyl into the machine straight however, sometimes the roll goes sideways.

Any help is appreciated. We are not newbs, just to this machine and I am an IT Professional as well so I am not new to computers either.

Thank you.

Attachments

· Registered
1,568 Posts
I have the design at the very top of the project document in Easy Cut Studio.
If the arrow at the top of the design area in Easy Cut Studio is pointing UP then your design will start cutting from the bottom, not the top.

Also, how the hell do I set the margins properly?
You need to learn how to set the origin point properly. Basic stuff. Even for a so-called 'IT Professional.'

The most important thing you need to learn though is manners. You are asking for help from people giving up their time of their own free will so don't expect them to jump in just because you've waited a day for an answer, this isn't a helpline.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.