T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an expert 24 LX and I lost my installation CD.So what I did was download from GCC site and I am able to cut by using Driver expert 24 or Bengal something or other.The thing is that I think these are not for the 24 LX because my cutter is not reading the vinyl like it use to. I have to manually input it. what driver does the Expert 24 LX use? I don't see it anywhere on GCC Club.Please help.Can I buy a copy somewhere of the disk they send when I purchased it?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I tried puma III 60 and when I go into output and try to read material I get a box with a cup of coffee with steam coming out of it and it says "waiting for response" and it just stays there.when I close it because its just not doing anything it goes into error in the Great cut program..

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
I have an expert 24 LX and I lost my installation CD.So what I did was download from GCC site and I am able to cut by using Driver expert 24 or Bengal something or other.The thing is that I think these are not for the 24 LX because my cutter is not reading the vinyl like it use to. I have to manually input it. what driver does the Expert 24 LX use? I don't see it anywhere on GCC Club.Please help.Can I buy a copy somewhere of the disk they send when I purchased it?
This should be what you are looking for:

32bit driver – www.gccamerica.com/oneclick32bit.exe
64bit driver – www.gccamerica.com/oneclick64bit.exe

Let me know if you need anything else.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Same problem here. I had this working for over a year in via usb and it just stop cutting on me. In my situation i was working cutting an order for a customer and it just stopped. I tried uninstalling great cut and reinstalling it and nothing. I downloaded the drivers from gcc world with no luck saying please make sure your usb is connected when it is. I came to the forum, found this link that Nick provided for the drivers and was able to install but still not cutting. I have an Expert 24 Not the Expert 24 lx. If someone can help me out i would gretaly appreciate it. I will post a screen shot of what my system drivers says. It says i currently have the bengal drivers and when i try changing it wont let me.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Also i pulled the great cut cd out and tried to open up the VLCD window and now its asking me to insert the cd? So i insert the cd back and downloaded it the vlcd again and now it goes on but still freezes up on me. Does the cd have to be in there when opening up the vlcd? or should it be downloaded to my computer? Thanks for your help

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Hi Nick, Thanks again. I have contacted GCC and they sent an email with a link to a 64 bit usb connection with no success. They made me delete all drivers that i had previously installed and told me to download there's from the email. I have no idea why i can't download theres, but with yours it downloads right away.

They have told me that my cutter is no longer under warranty since i had it for over a year and for further customer service support there will be a $50 hour charge for help or any remote assistance performed.

I don't recall any other cutter manufacturers giving you the middle finger after warranty has expired but oh well i guess its just business and time to try it once again before i dump it in the green trash bin.

Thanks again, Nick for your help

·
Registered
174 Posts
Hi Nick, Thanks again. I have contacted GCC and they sent an email with a link to a 64 bit usb connection with no success. They made me delete all drivers that i had previously installed and told me to download there's from the email. I have no idea why i can't download theres, but with yours it downloads right away.

They have told me that my cutter is no longer under warranty since i had it for over a year and for further customer service support there will be a $50 hour charge for help or any remote assistance performed.

I don't recall any other cutter manufacturers giving you the middle finger after warranty has expired but oh well i guess its just business and time to try it once again before i dump it in the green trash bin.

Thanks again, Nick for your help
My Expert 24lx has been out of warranty for months and i just called last week and they helped with an issue im having with no charge.

·
Registered
4 Posts
GCC told me my warranty was up as well and I just purchased my machine last week. They told me the warranty started on the day the distributor bought the machine. How odd that they wouldn't start it on the customer's sale date.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Do you think a new motherboard would help? My USB connection broke loose, I contacted GCC via the web site, no response so I bought a new board and installed it myself. Three weeks later I get an email from GCC saying it was still under warranty and they would replace it. A little late but I took it. So if you would like to buy my extra board cheap, let me know.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts