T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recieved my vinyl cutter and i wasnt sure if you need a internet connection to get it set up?thanks Gary:confused:

·
Registered
8,082 Posts
you do not need an internet connection to set up the cutter. It should have come with a CD...insert and follow directions to install....you probably also received GreatCut software which you will use to cut your vinyl. Also there maybe a quick start guide to follow. I think the EX24 is a usb cutter...so it should install easily

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I haven't set mine up yet either, im pretty sure you have to call the support # on the cutter and Ruth will tell you what to do.Im still deciding where im going to put mine at,because i already got a little job to do.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I think the best thing to do as a start is to read the manual from front to back, it will tell you what to do step by step then if you have any specific issues then you can ask them in here, trying to do it without reading the instructions could be a costly affair if you do something wrong and damage it. (the manual may be on the CD).

No internet connect is required, but I found youtube and of course this forum priceless for help when I first got mine so you might want to make sure you have the net close by at least.

·
Registered
62 Posts
anyone thinking about getting an expert 24 cutter read this and then think about it.

i ordered one from gcc and it took a month just to receive not to mention they wouldnt respond to my email or calls. Then when i got it i was unable to install on vista so i called them and they installed the drivers and the machine turned on and they discovered a probably with the motor, so i had to wait a week to get that motor now it has been 1 month and 2 weeks since i ordered the cutter. Then i got the new motor and i had to take apart the whole cutter and install the motor(i did that) and there was still a problem. So then they sent me another control panel for the machine which took another week to get. once i had that all installed i gave them a call back and ruth was trying to get me all ready to cut some vinyl and no one from gcc was able to do it so i had to wait over the weekend to have some people in china try to do it and they tried for two days and they couldnt figure it out. So i took matters into my own hands and paid 40 bucks for a local computer guy to figure out what was wrong with there software. ( I HAVE VISTA 64 BIT for anyone wondering) Then i called ruth back the next day and i could finally have something cut out but the vinyl cutter would only cut out on the right side of the machine so i had to get another part shipped out and this time they said they would ship 3 day through ups. That was this past tuesday and they didnt get it to the ups place till thursday so it just got shipped out and i wont have it till next tuesday according to ups. This order was placed on april 11th and i am still not cutting yet and i have not received any refund what so ever and i have people waiting with projects. So i am advising anyone who is thinking about getting one to look else where and only buy if totally necessary, because there customer service is nothing like they say it is.

·
Registered
347 Posts
I purchased one two months ago, I emailed their tech support and called. I am running windows 7 and was unable to use USB connection. I installed a serial card and it works ok. I have never been able to use great cuts software and just run it straight out of corel. Their tech support has yet to call me back or email me. When I did speak to a human they refered me to an email address another # that was a resturant. I should say it seems to work ok now but it took a bit of time to figure out on my own and I had to purchase a serial card. I hope to make enough money off this cutter to buy a Roland.

Sent from my iPhone using TShirtForums

1 - 10 of 10 Posts