T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I recently added a used GCC Ex-24 to my shop. Have a uscutter and suma in the shop now which are used with SignBlazer Elements.

With it being used I have no software for the machine and if I get on the GCC club website it wont let me register the plotter because its already registered ...

Anyone know if I can download a plug in for Corel and have it work with CorelDraw?

GCC is available in SignBlazer which I use but I can not get the plotter and computer to talk to each other

·
Registered
95 Posts
I think the problem he's experiencing is that you can't access the downloads until you have a product registered. He got his cutter used, so someone else has already registered that machine and the GCC system won't let him register it. So no access to the drivers he needs.

I'm going through the same thing with my Jaguar. Been waiting a week for a reply from support but haven't got a thing yet.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I think the problem he's experiencing is that you can't access the downloads until you have a product registered. He got his cutter used, so someone else has already registered that machine and the GCC system won't let him register it. So no access to the drivers he needs.

I'm going through the same thing with my Jaguar. Been waiting a week for a reply from support but haven't got a thing yet.
I realize that this is now a stale thread, but is there any update? Has there been a resolution to this, as I am going thru the same issue... For the last year I have been using and older pc with windows xp, and the computer finally gave up the ghost and is now a great door stop. I can get great cut to install on my laptop Windows 10 using compatibility mode to run it, but I cannot find the cutter to send the design to... any suggestions?

·
Registered
95 Posts
I realize that this is now a stale thread, but is there any update? Has there been a resolution to this, as I am going thru the same issue... For the last year I have been using and older pc with windows xp, and the computer finally gave up the ghost and is now a great door stop. I can get great cut to install on my laptop Windows 10 using compatibility mode to run it, but I cannot find the cutter to send the design to... any suggestions?
GCC never replied to my email. I got it working without their help but suspect I will still need drivers to work USB on my laptop when I get Adobe Illustrator.

Part of my problem is that I'm using Inkscape which only supports communication through the com port. My short term solution was to buy a com card for my desktop with the 25 pin com port in it. Inkscape was then able to communicate with the cutter flawlessly.

I need to revisit my attempts to access their support site and the needed drivers. If I don't succeed then my next cutter likely won't be one of theirs.

·
Registered
429 Posts
GCC never replied to my email. I got it working without their help but suspect I will still need drivers to work USB on my laptop when I get Adobe Illustrator.

Part of my problem is that I'm using Inkscape which only supports communication through the com port. My short term solution was to buy a com card for my desktop with the 25 pin com port in it. Inkscape was then able to communicate with the cutter flawlessly.

I need to revisit my attempts to access their support site and the needed drivers. If I don't succeed then my next cutter likely won't be one of theirs.
Everything you need, is CutCreator 2.
Try the trial version of this software:
Code:
http://signseen.nl/supportfiles/cadlink/cc_2_trial.zip

·
Registered
9 Posts
If anyone is interested in the solution to this problem here it is. I am using a windows 7 64 bit computer, and the antiquated expert 24 operates in 32 bit mode, which is why they weren't able to communicate properly. The solution was to switch cables, and instead of the usb cable, I needed a USB to serial cable. I was able to pick one up from Amazon, 6 ft in length, for about $13. Once I installed the driver that came with the cable and then hooked everything up, it self recognized and started cutting. The only thing I have to do differently is open up great cut in compatibility mode, so it thinks it is running on an xp computer.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
71 Posts
I have struggled for a year cutting from my expert24. I bought the serial to usb cable and still can't cut. I have corel, but it is a student version. I can't get the plug in to work.

In win pc , i get the error, can't initialize the cutting device, please check your configuration.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
I have struggled for a year cutting from my expert24. I bought the serial to usb cable and still can't cut. I have corel, but it is a student version. I can't get the plug in to work.

In win pc , i get the error, can't initialize the cutting device, please check your configuration.

Any ideas?
Yes,..... ditch Corel and get some proper cutting software.

·
Registered
9 Posts

Any ideas?
I am using the home/student version as well... you need to install the driver for the cable prior to hooking the cable up to the computer... when I get to the office I can look and see if there was something else I did, but I don't think so...

·
Registered
71 Posts
I think I did install the driver, but I looked up my cable order on Amazon and I think the problem is not compatible with Windows 10. I didn't see 10 listed, so I ordered another one that is compatible with Windows 10.

Thank you though, I am going to check the driver issue.

I see the plug in at the top in Corel, but nothing happens when I try it. I will check it out tonight.

Appreciate the help.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I know that it is important not to have hooked up the cable before installing the driver, in my haste, I made that mistake and had to uninstall the driver/ cable and start over fresh... wasted about 40 minutes figuring it out...
I think I did install the driver, but I looked up my cable order on Amazon and I think the problem is not compatible with Windows 10. I didn't see 10 listed, so I ordered another one that is compatible with Windows 10.

Thank you though, I am going to check the driver issue.

I see the plug in at the top in Corel, but nothing happens when I try it. I will check it out tonight.

Appreciate the help.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I have called GCC and they don't really support winpc, he helped me figure out corel draw, the basics.

I talked to winpc and didn't get a solution. I really want to use winpc. It can't be my cable, because I can cut directly from corel draw now. I have no idea how to do images in cd, but I will figure that out. I have cut text from cd, but I need to make adjustments on the pressure.

I have always used winpc and the vlcd utility to control pressure. The cutter is recognized in winpc. I get the error about can't initialize the cutting device. Cable is fine, so it has to be a setting in winpc, just don't know what it is.

Thanks.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.