T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys need some input... I'm going to get a cutter to mainly supplement my screen printing to try and accommodate the 1-12 shirt orders. So the cutter will be mainly for t shirt vinyl. But I would also like to offer vinyl stickers and things like that. I have no real plan on contour cutting but I like the idea of the copam measuring the vinyl and setting origin automatically

I may even use it to cut out very simple rhinestone designs to make my own transfers. But that won't happen very often because it looks tedious and time consuming and I would just assume buy the transfers unless they only want a few. I know stepper motors will not last for rhinestones that's why I won't do it very much.

I'm also planning on buying a better model once the funds allow it in a few years.

I've settled on the 2 models in the title. They are priced about the same. The only differences I can find is the gcc will contour cut and the copam comes with a stand..

Any input on which one will suit me the best would be awesome... or if you have something else I should look at for around 6-700 bucks..

Thanks

· Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
These are both hardy machines and I actually have a copam stuffed in the corner.. both have stepper motors and the LX has a optical eye for contour cutting which you won't need unless you are cutting printed decals or inkjet transfers. There are a few others that I would look at also.
What are the others that I should look at?
Also does anyone know about the software between these two... can the copam print strait from Corel like the expert can?

Sent from my SGH-M919 using T-Shirt Forums

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.