T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I received my GCC Expert 24 over a month ago. I still am having trouble to get anything to print correct. When I call GCC Tech support they go through everything so quick I have trouble to keep up. I print vinyl for boards, tiles, and stones. Mainly personalize items. I need to know what to set the x and y at. I do so many different sizes and I have wasted sooo much vinyl trying to figure it out. How do I print width instead of length. I just don't want to waste more vinyl than I have. :mad: I am beginning to regret buying this cutter because it is so confusing. I use Corel Draw x5 and Great cut. I use windows 7 64 bit. Please any help?

· Registered
6,970 Posts
So it sounds like you are able to cut...So far so good....

and you can get your designs from Corel to Great Cut.....Sorry I am at a little loss because I use Illustrator and I think the steps are a little different.....

So when you have a design open in Great Cut how much of your workspace does it fill?....Have you rotated your design?....When I Auto Export from Illustrator into Great Cut the orientation is changed....

· Registered
2,498 Posts
Pretend that the design you're wanting to cut goes out the side of your computer monitor and feeds directly into the cutter. Does that make sense?

So if you're typing something up that you want printed on your printer, it prints vertically, correct?

Your GCC cutter will cut horizontally instead. It took awhile for me to get the hang of it.

So if you're looking at your design on your computer screen, your bottom left hand corner will cut on the right side of the cutter and the top left hand corner on your computer screen will cut on the closest left hand corner to you of your material.

Does that make sense?

· Registered
54 Posts
I use corel draw X5 and send the job to my expert 24 from corel. The X Y is where your location is on your page. 1. I open corel and chose the expert 24 from printer setup. 2 I chose layout the page setup and chose 47.24/23.6 3. I type my text and put it in the lower left edge ...you can watch your x y move when you reposition your text. Then I take my pointer and chose all by moving curser around text.4 very important to chose hairline from outline . 5 . Print.

Maybe this helps if ya can understand my mumbo jumbo.

good luck

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.