T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my cutter hooked up and i was playing around with greatcut. I wanted to make some decals for my car and didn't know where to start?Any help would be appreciated thanks Gary

·
Registered
242 Posts
GreatCut software is just a layout program for cutting the designs. GreatCuts is limited in terms of designing or creating cutlines. Can't even do text. So majority of the time, you will be importing the cutlines into the program.

You will have to start designing or tracing your cutlines in another graphics program such as Corel Draw or Illustrator.

Once you've designed something you can directly drag the object from the design software window to the GreatCuts window. Remember for text you have to convert to curves in your graphics program otherwise, it will not import into GreatCuts.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats what i was wondering because i tried to make a decal for my car and the program only let me choose the size and width pretty much.The question i have is coreldraw a good starters program and whats the differance between 5 and 4 of coreldraw?

·
Registered
8,082 Posts
For those beginning with Corel...not enough difference to pay the higher price for X5...at least in my opinion.. I use X4 and normally I will only upgrade every other version or so

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
For those beginning with Corel...not enough difference to pay the higher price for X5...at least in my opinion.. I use X4 and normally I will only upgrade every other version or so
Is there a difference between the student and home verses the full version of corel 4?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the info.I really dont have designing experiance but i've installed about every kind of decal known to mankind

·
Registered
97 Posts
Just a quick note on corel draw if you buy the student or oem versions there are some plug-ins that may not work with those...Just a thought i found out the hard way

Jim

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
GreatCut software is just a layout program for cutting the designs. GreatCuts is limited in terms of designing or creating cutlines. Can't even do text. So majority of the time, you will be importing the cutlines into the program.

You will have to start designing or tracing your cutlines in another graphics program such as Corel Draw or Illustrator.

Once you've designed something you can directly drag the object from the design software window to the GreatCuts window. Remember for text you have to convert to curves in your graphics program otherwise, it will not import into GreatCuts.
How do you convert it to curves from corel draw?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts