T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I Really need help. I don't know if my problem is a cutter problem or winpc problem, so I am hoping someone will see this post and be able to help. I was cutting a rhinestone template and noticed it wasn't cutting right so I pushed pause on my cutter then pushed stop cutting in winpc 2014. I also pushed data clear on the cutter. I removed the template material from the cutter and reinstalled material to start over and turned the cutter off and let it reset itself. I sent the design back to cutter and the cutter starts over where it left off on design I thought would be cleared. I have tried everything I can think of and wasted a lot of template material trying to get the design cleared from cutter. What am I doing wrong? Please help. Thank you.

· Registered
1,649 Posts
Just a guess from playing with computers for almost 30 years but.....

When printing from a computer program it dumps the print job to a print queue that is nothing more than a portion of memory that holds the print job and allows the program you are using to go on and do other things.

The print queue then passes the job to the selected device whether it is a printer or a cutter.

Depending on the size of the job and the capacity of the device the print queue may send all of the data for the job at one time or send some and then stream more data as space on the device becomes available.

It 'may' be that the print queue on your computer had not sent all the data so it restarted the job when the cutter came back on line. No promises...

Great Cut has a Plot Manager that allows you to delete jobs from the print queue on your local PC.

· Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you so much! I went and in sure enough the print queue was not cleared. I forget about this being set up as a printer and think of it as a cutter. Maybe I will get this all figured out in the next few months. Thanks again.

· Registered
1,649 Posts
Thank you so much! I went and in sure enough the print queue was not cleared. I forget about this being set up as a printer and think of it as a cutter. Maybe I will get this all figured out in the next few months. Thanks again.
Actually it is just a printer. It just uses a hi-tech version of an Exacto knife instead of ink or toner and has additional settings for pressure and speed.

· Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you for that bit of info. I definitely will remember it is a printer now that I have solved my problem. Thanks to everyone that answered so quickly. I wish I had posted my question before I wasted so much material but I guess that it part of the learning process.

· Registered
1,649 Posts
Wait until you run 5 yards of full front chest logos through and then notice you forgot to mirror the design.... again.....

Or run 5 yards of sign vinyl and are proud that this time you did mirror the images.... and as you remove the vinyl from the cutter you remember that you don't mirror sign vinyl......

It happens to all of us.

· Registered
2,690 Posts
Wait until you run 5 yards of full front chest logos through and then notice you forgot to mirror the design.... again.....

Or run 5 yards of sign vinyl and are proud that this time you did mirror the images.... and as you remove the vinyl from the cutter you remember that you don't mirror sign vinyl......

It happens to all of us.
I don't feel so bad now

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.