T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a GCC Expert 2 LX 24” vinyl cutter that came with a Full License for GreatCut3 and when I send it a cut job, I can make pressure adjustments within GreatCut that seem to work but the Speed adjustment does nothing. Worse, the machine cuts Way, WAY too fast and unworkable, my lines are erratic and cuts aren’t always completed. I’ve tried VLCD.exe & I can adjust the Pressure from there as well as inside GreatCut, but there’s no Speed adjustment in there.

Now what’s funny is even when I hit the Test Cut button directly on the machine, it actually doesn’t always complete the box, it will get 95% there but not complete the square, and I can’t tell if it’s trying to cut it too fast or it’s losing registration or something….So there may be other things going on? I’ve been trying to solve cutting problems and have already got brand new GCC brand blades (2.5mm shaft not the common 2mm that all of the Amazon sets are) and GCC brand blade holder, all from HPN…getting impatient with this machine because our ancient Camm-1 is in rouuuuugh shape but still cuts better 🤪

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
UPDATE I changed the Blade Offset which fixed my test cut problem. Now I'm just stuck on the Speed adjustment. Gonna try sending it from a Trial version of SCAL on my Mac to see if it's software or hardware related.

Thanks for the replies everyone, I think the problem is the machine itself but I'm just beyond lost at this point.... not only does the speed adjustment not respond anywhere (and can't be changed on the device itself, its all software and driver/controller-based.....but the Test Cuts are awful as well. I've attached photos to show what's happening.

Attachments

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I set my speed parameter down low in GreatCut first & when that had no effect I set it to minimum….still no effect so I opened the Driver settings and set it to minimum in there and saved it to Default. Still no effect. It seems to be running at Maximum speed since we’ve never run it this fast even before having problems.

what is your speed parameter at?
what happens when you take it down to a value of 1?

have you created your own material with your own parameters (page 40 here)

hopefully scal will let you make meaningful changes

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.