T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To all Australian and New Zealand printers, please be aware of a few garment suppliers with poor Quality Control.

When checking your stock in pay extra attention to what has been supplied.

Recently I have had the following problems with 3 garment suppliers:
1. Shirts sizes labelled incorrectly - shirts marked as size 10 were actually size 14 and 16
2. Silicone washed garments where transfers and Direct to Garment Prints wash off
3. Dye migration on a batch of black work shirts

Supplier 1 did not apologise for their mistake nor offered any compensation and told me we need to check each shirt to make sure the sizing in the label and the shirt match.
We need to have done this in 24hours of receiving the goods.
Our customer highlighted the issue and we had to pay for the reprints and new shirts as the supplier waived any responsibility.

Supplier 2 does not really care. Firstly the screen prints were not optimal. We then applied vinyl transfers which came off in the wash. Once the shirts were washed and the transfers re-applied the transfers held.

Supplier 3 took responsibility only after some negotiation as it was a batch of black work shirts and other printers picked up on this.

Once you have an issue contact the supplier immediately. Check the small print as supplier 1 requires a 24hour response. Do not be scared to play hardball. Be firm and be prepared to change suppliers.

You judge how good a supplier is when there is a problem and how they correct it.

I still buy from supplier 3 but 1 and 2 I do not use at all.

·
Registered
968 Posts
Hi Mabuzi,

Thanks for your sharing the important information with us. I agree with you absolutely. Any garment supplier who didn't take any responsibility, never use them again. Of course, to avoid the problem happened at first with good command of quality control is priority thing at the beginning. Whatever, they should ensure a good quality goods before they shipping to you, not you found out when you receive them.

Bill

1 - 2 of 2 Posts