T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I'm a new member, Premo459. I have a small company in NJ doing signage, silk screen service, and most notably, custom vinyl heat transfer lettering. Its really a cool and highly quality product, matched with a quality (or better/upscale) tee... you've got a lifetime of dopeness in the ball of a t-shirt...

---- My question to my T-shirt loving peers... If you could go to a website and put choose letters to go on a garment (ie, tee, zip hoody, apron, etc.) what would be some of the critical factors involved... (in good sales communication?)

-> Font/Graphic Selection? (My experience is "too many fonts, too many decisions".. what do u think?

-> Colors? We have 20+ colors available including a metallic like Gold and Silver, and also a chrome like Gold and Silver.

-> Layout/Design? This is the tricky part. You can have Stock Designs, a flash interactive layout thing-a-majigger, or a detailed form inwhich we would send you a proof... which would you like best?

Honestly, any feedback would be really helpful. I've been searching the web for months, looking for great t-shirts and custom tee making sites... most of which have left me disappointed -> I do not wanna spend hours building a site only to have you, my audience, feel like I felt... underappreciated!

Thx, PRE

·
Premium Member
27,698 Posts
Hi Premo459, welcome to the T-Shirt Forums.

you could go to a website and put choose letters to go on a garment (ie, tee, zip hoody, apron, etc.)
There are already quite a few successful websites that allow you to do this.

I do not wanna spend hours building a site only to have you, my audience, feel like I felt... underappreciated!
You may want to see if their is a missing need in your market first. Personally, if I wanted 1 custom t-shirt made, I would go to the various established online services that already do this.

I'd hate for you to spend hours building a website only to find there's no demand for your service.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Rodney's correct there are quite a few sites that do this, however I believe this market is just starting to take off. I think color selection as far as the heat applied materials go, is crucial.

·
Premium Member
27,698 Posts
Spreadshirt,cafepress,neighborhoodies,zazzle,artapart,99dogs, and quite a few other smaller, up and coming companies.

That's not to say you won't succeed in that market, but you'll have to do something really unique (and have good marketing) to make a dent.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts