T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I'm just starting to research the process of heat transferring my own product (as opposed to using a well-known 3rd party). After a good couple hours of reading, I'm pretty excited about plastisol. It seems perfect for my needs in many ways. However, it might be too costly unless the transfer manufacturers are willing to gang more than a few items per sheet.

I basically have 4-6 main graphics that I print. Along with those main graphics, I have tons of different wording options. I'd obviously have to scale that down a bit, but does anyone know of a company that prints plastisol that would allow me to order sheets of transfers with more than just a few copies of a design on a sheet?

If they could technically fit 15 copies of the design on one sheet, would they do that? Or is it usually limited to a certain number of repeats per sheet?

I could have my graphics printed separately and place the text under it from another transfer. Since I'd be buying a small amount, I'd have to pay $15 per sheet. It would be way too much money unless they will print 10+ lines of text on a sheet.

Thanks in advance!

·
Premium Member
27,698 Posts
If they could technically fit 15 copies of the design on one sheet, would they do that? Or is it usually limited to a certain number of repeats per sheet?
Yes, there are a few plastisol transfer companies that do this. You may have to call a few to find out which ones.

I know dowlinggraphics.com is one company that does this, but you may find more that do:
http://www.t-shirtforums.com/showthread.php?t=3560&highlight=gang

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
First edition (first-edition.com) allows you to gang up as many as will fit within the live area at no additional charge. In fact, they let me gang up two different designs. Also a major bonus is the minimum order is only 15.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wow.. they let you gang different designs? I did not think anyone would go for that! Thanks for the tip. :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Image Setters lets you gang whatever you want on thier sheets (23"x36" I think). They are very large sheets and will even cut the sheets for you afterwards for free if you don't cram too much stuff on the sheet. I think you have to order a large amount of sheets though (I got quoted at $2.50 a piece for 250 pieces), but for the size of the sheet, it seems like a good deal.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts