T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My T-Shirt supplier has a "over $150 and it's free shipping... except for basic white tees and sale items" policy.

This "sometimes" works out well. Yes... I have compared their prices to other suppliers with lower prices but no free shipping... and most of the time, my supplier is still lower.

HOWEVER... it is obvious when an item is put on sale, NOT to save ME (the customer) any real money... but to simply make a product ineligible for the free shipping.

Pretty sad when a customer has to wait a week for the "2 cents off" sale to end... so that instead of "Saving" $2 on a purchase of 100 shirts and pay shipping costs... the customer can pay the extra 2-cents per shirt, but save $42 on shipping.

Hmmm... save 2 cents per shirt now... or wait and save 42 cents per shirt in shipping charges later.

:mad: Brett

·
Registered
189 Posts
A supplier that I use, has a similar deal, but they allow you to pay the regular price and get the free shipping, or take advantage of the sale price, they even offer a calculater on their site to help you determine which is the better deal.

·
Registered
6,680 Posts
Well, you take the time to contact other suppliers to check prices and make sure you are always getting the best deal every time you place an order. The suppliers that don't get your business each time probably think you are playing games. But in your mind, you're just being an astute business person looking for the best deal.

Bottom line is, everyone plays games. Because everyone is looking for the best deal. It may be annoying or frustrating, but just respect the fact that they are doing what's best for their business. And you just keep doing what's best for your business. As degaje mentioned, maybe they will let you pay full price and get the free shipping. That should prevent you from having to wait.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
A supplier that I use, has a similar deal, but they allow you to pay the regular price and get the free shipping, or take advantage of the sale price, they even offer a calculater on their site to help you determine which is the better deal.
I did not mention MY supplier because my post is negative, and I didn't want single them out.

However, since your supplier is doing something good, can you share who your supplier is?

I am in active conversation with my supplier over this policy, and would love to give them an example of a supplier that is doing things "right".

:) Brett

1 - 5 of 5 Posts