T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having problems with our machine. It was printing sharp for a while on a lot of shirts, then it started to become kind of blurry and when I try to heat press it the ink kind of spreads a little. Any ideas one what is going on?

Thanks

Josh

·
Registered
4,664 Posts
Here are the things that come off the top of my head that you might want to check out:
1. Is the height of the garment to the bottom of the print head the proper height? If it is too far, it will get blurry.
2. Check out the bottom of the print head with a mirror and make sure that it is clean (i.e. free of ink build up, lint or other items).
3. Run a nozzle check and see if those lines look crisp. If so, it might not have anything to do with the print head. If they don't look crisp, then it is not an issue with your graphics or the software side of things.

Just some things to consider. Maybe someone else can suggest some other things. Let us know what the solution is when you find it out. Good luck.

Mark

·
Registered
126 Posts
Clean the encoder strip. This usually happens to me after I lubricate the printhead carige while it is printing and then it starts printing like you discribed. Don't forget to turn off machine before cleanning encoder strip and let it dry befor turning it on.

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
"fuzzy"prints are usually a sign of too much distance between the print head and the media - like Mark said. I usually suggest that you check the height every 10-12 shirts when doing a production run to verify that the loading/unloading has not slowly pushed the tray bed down.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts