T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having some issues with my mug press still, and am hoping that I can find some help here.

I have increased the burn time for my mugs to about 4 and a half minutes. Color is turning out much stronger, for the most part. But every now and then one side of the mug will turn out kind of "fuzzy" and more of a dark, burnt brown than black and clear. Or some of the design, in the middle mostly, will not be as clear as the rest of the design.

I have made sure that I am printing on the correct side of the paper, thinking maybe that was an issue. I use mugs from Johnson Plastics at the moment.

I am including photos of the mugs and the art work after it was used.

Thank you for any suggestions!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
I think it's worth mentioning that it may be due to uneven mugs: tapering, depression s, barrelling, pincushioning. Hold a straight edge up against a bad mug and look for any gaps as you rotate the mug.

Distortions and depressions can usually be felt by holding the mug in a dry cloth and again rotating it while gripping the cloth tightly.

All of these things prevent the wrap from making perfect contact all over the surface of the mug while pressing, resukting in gas producing blurred areas.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.