T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m trying to see where is the future of the printing industry. Will there even be print shops or everything pivot to online. I can only speak for my area Atlanta Ga and surrounding. I’ve seen a large embroidery shop shut down last month, a big screen printing supply store scale back to only open 4 days a week, sales are very sporadic and slim for me. Hanging on by a thread what the hell is going on out here? It’s nerve wrecking.

· Registered
4,277 Posts
pattern recognition is your friend (as the Good Book says, eyes to see and ears to hear)
step back and really look with an emotionally detached mind
don't look at what those others shops offered, look at what they did not offer

just as people go along to get along (hive mind), they naturally have an innate deep desire to be free individuals
that is a stream you may wish to drop your tube into and see where it takes you

here is a couple things to consider:
~ learn to airbrush (each tee is a singular artwork + the paints are american-made non-toxic, two big selling features)
~ peoples photos turned into artworks for tee's, framed prints, etc. (what do people like? their cars, their pets, their children/grandchildren, their vacation memories, etc.)

both of the above also allows for the customer to have creative input if they desire, making them feel part of the process and finished product

( if you want to see some examples pm me your email)

· Registered
4,496 Posts
I’m trying to see where is the future of the printing industry.
You have to be much more specific, because there is more than one business model.
I print my own designs and sell wholesale to shops, and sales are higher than ever.

Will there even be print shops or everything pivot to online.
Again it depends.
Online is more about things people are actively looking to buy, and shops are more about things people may want to buy once they see them.
If want a mother's day t-shirt for example, online is the best option for obvious reasons.

I’ve seen a large embroidery shop shut down last month, a big screen printing supply store scale back to only open 4 days a week, sales are very sporadic and slim for me. Hanging on by a thread what the hell is going on out here?
There are many reasons shops become non-viable and have to close.
Having a screen printing supply or embroidery shop in and expensive location does not really make sense these days.
These businesses can operate from a much cheaper warehouse, sell online, and have a small collection area for local customers.
I actually run my business from an industrial unit and rent self-storage units when I need additional space to keep my stock.

· Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
pattern recognition is your friend (as the Good Book says, eyes to see and ears to hear)
step back and really look with an emotionally detached mind
don't look at what those others shops offered, look at what they did not offer

just as people go along to get along (hive mind), they naturally have an innate deep desire to be free individuals
that is a stream you may wish to drop your tube into and see where it takes you

here is a couple things to consider:
~ learn to airbrush (each tee is a singular artwork + the paints are american-made non-toxic, two big selling features)
~ peoples photos turned into artworks for tee's, framed prints, etc. (what do people like? their cars, their pets, their children/grandchildren, their vacation memories, etc.)

both of the above also allows for the customer to have creative input if they desire, making them feel part of the process and finished product

( if you want to see some examples pm me your email)
Thanks

· Registered
9,952 Posts
It's a relationship business. You need to connect with your customers. We only do local stuff with a couple of exceptions.
In SoCal we have more work than we can finish. Our pipeline is over 3 months long right now.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts