T-Shirt Forums banner

FUN SUN 2020 DTG

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  DrFelix69 
#1 ·
Im in the market for a DTG printer. I like the idea of it and the potienial end product. I dont mind some work to perfect the printing as it will be a learning curve anyway.

What i would like to know is ..... Has anyone here had any experience of FUNSUNs DTG machines? In particular the 2020 version, which i prefer due to its looks. I dont mind going for a used Epson F2000 or similar but would prefer to get a brand new reasonable printer.

I have been chatting with the supplier in China and they have quoted me. I sent them a file to print as a test and must say i am very impressed with the output. Of course i wont know how this stands up in the wash but it looks good. The quoted package looks good.... although im a little concerned with the 'usual' CISS being used on this machine.
They also say that the print head will need replacing after 12 months... concerned over this too. Total package including deleivery is about $4000.

What do you DTG guys think?

See less See more
#2 ·
I wouldn't buy a printer because you like how it looks. How it works is the important thing.

You have two (important) concerns, that should answer your question right there.

Why does the print head have to be replaced after 12 months? Does it have a built-in self-destruct? And this is very important: what print head does this printer use? Are replacements available? For how much? And who is going to support you when it comes time to replace that print head? Is there a user community you can rely on, because I doubt you're going to get any help from China.

I would rather buy a used F2000 than one of these printers new & I would never consider buying a used DTG printer.

Don't let the nice looking printer and all the boxes lined up on the factory floor influence your decision.

I would run, not walk away from this s-box.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.