T-Shirt Forums banner

21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
so what are the options for an Australian that wants to print his own designs. Where do you go? I have heard that AA are really the only decent Tee out there. I was condsidering AScolour but I hear they are not that great?
Not sure what your interpretation of 'not that great' is, but from my experience, AScolour have very good quality t-shirts.
I've used their shirts for about 2 years now and never a problem.
The selection is limited but they are gradually adding more styles to their name.

·
Registered
29 Posts
AScolour have very good quality t-shirts.
I've used their shirts for about 2 years now and never a problem.
The selection is limited but they are gradually adding more styles to their name.
hey i just looked at their site and was wondering is the retail price they show the same price u pay wholesale???

wanted to ask before i go through the whooha of sending in an application...

also around how much r people paying for AA womens tee's through bymint? again dont want to apply if its out of the budget...

i'm really leaning towards gildan's because they have alot more sizes which is great for my target market and for around $3-$4 a shirt i'd be happy with it...I would love to buy AA as they definately feel a lot better than Gildan, from the two i have been able to compare, but as a start up i dont know if ill be able to buy AA

thanks for any info

·
Premium Member
5,953 Posts
Just wanted to post a little note, that posting wholesale prices is not allowed here at T-shirt forums, if they are not made public by the company selling the products.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Just wanted to post a little note, that posting wholesale prices is not allowed here at T-shirt forums, if they are not made public by the company selling the products.
thanks...the learning keeps on coming

·
Registered
99 Posts
Hey Tamara
ASColour will only give you their wholesale pricelist once you've gone through their application process. No, the wholesale prices are not the same as the retail.
I'll send you a p.m. to give you some idea about their prices.
Have you tried the Gildan slim fit styles - 6400 / 6400L? They are a nice cut and nice and soft.
Still not in the same league as AS & AA but still nice.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Personally I reckon the Gildan Slim fit is better value than AS and AA. Also, AS seem to never have stock? Not allowed to post prices on here, but Gildan are heaps cheaper.

·
Registered
14 Posts
All food for thought guys. the more i look into this the more i get confused. My understanding is that AS colour are the distributor of AAA shirts. Reading through other threads, Apparently the AAA 1701 is the skater standard tee and is very popular for this reason. Gee man they dont make it easy trying to locate these wholesale guys!!

·
Registered
99 Posts
All food for thought guys. the more i look into this the more i get confused. My understanding is that AS colour are the distributor of AAA shirts. Reading through other threads, Apparently the AAA 1701 is the skater standard tee and is very popular for this reason. Gee man they dont make it easy trying to locate these wholesale guys!!
I think you're correct.
Just to clarify.....
AA - if I'm not mistaken is American Apparel
AAA - another brand, is stocked by ASColour.

·
Registered
14 Posts
AAA are also stocked by Spire Distribution. Personally im not a fan of AAA's massive necks.
yes and to make matters worse Spire do not supply matching womens brand with matching colours to the AAA brand. AS Colour provide matching colours for the ASColour brand however I do not like the way the female cut looks. So the search continues for decent blanks.

·
Registered
24 Posts
if your looking for something around the AA quality your probably not going to find a cheap alternative unfortunatly. A few other upper quality brands are Article1, Continental Clothing Company and Alternative Apparel but they all have to be shipped to australia at big costs just like AA.

·
Registered
14 Posts
if your looking for something around the AA quality your probably not going to find a cheap alternative unfortunatly. A few other upper quality brands are Article1, Continental Clothing Company and Alternative Apparel but they all have to be shipped to australia at big costs just like AA.
Hello,

Yes I have looked into these guys as well. Continental offer good shipping rates but their base cost on the shirts is a bit higher than say Alternative, but then Alternative shipping costs are higher. Alternative do offer for you to locate your own shipping company to get quotes but I have not explored this option yet. I think you have to pay duty on orders over $1,000- anyway of 17% so that kind of kills it too. Its a pity because continental and Alternative offer some beautiful shirts, styles are great, colours are great. even customer service is great, both replied to emails quickly and continental even have a melbourne number to call, but the price just did not work out for me.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Thats the problem we have in australia. if you want nice blank tees, it aint cheap.
If you want good quality and you are a small boutique it is not cheap that is for sure. If you can afford a lot then you get them made in china for next to nothing and import heaps of them. And Im not the latter so unfortunately I have to pay top dollar for decent shirts. I want customers to come back to me, I dont want them to buy one or two and then leave because the shirt quality is bad. There are some manufacturers in australia that make good quality shirts but you will be paying $9 or $10 per shirt for them.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Out of curiosity, what are the shipping costs for a minimum order for AA to Aus?
im not sure what kind of pricing i can disclose on here. i dont want to do something naughty. im sure you can email American Apparel and get a quote. they're customer service is not bad. you probably have to apply to be a wholesale client before they will pass that kind of information onto you however, which costs nothing but a few minutes of your time.

·
Registered
123 Posts
unless you have the clientele, you wont be making much, if any on reselling AA shirts. Their prices are serioulsy very high.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Out of curiosity, what are the shipping costs for a minimum order for AA to Aus?
Hi there, I have some American Apparel 2001s and 2102s im looking to sell as I no longer need them. I have most in sizes from S-XL and in colours, White, Lemon, Navy, Light Pink, Mint, Creme, Grass, Mint, Orange, Light Blue, Ash Grey. Let me know if your after some.

Cheers

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi there, I have some American Apparel 2001s and 2102s im looking to sell as I no longer need them. I have most in sizes from S-XL and in colours, White, Lemon, Navy, Light Pink, Mint, Creme, Grass, Mint, Orange, Light Blue, Ash Grey. Let me know if your after some.

Cheers
Hi there, Im really not sure what a minimum order from AA is, I have never put in a minimum order so I cant tell you sorry. Shipping tends to be about 25% of the grand totals for the orders though so its quite expensive.

I have a US wholesale account and I got these for less than what someone with an AUS wholesale account can as they have different pricing for AUS vs US wholesaler account holders. Cheeky bastards I know.

If your after some AA t-shirts I have plenty here that Im looking to move on, so instead of you having to pay AA for shipping costs etc I can sell some to you for a reasonable price.

What style, colour, sizes and QTYS are you after? Send me an e-mail: and ill get back to you asap.

Oh where abouts are you based?

Cheers,

Jono

21 - 40 of 43 Posts