T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering how many of you out there do this as your full time job and how many of you do it as a job on the side?

Personally, this is just extra income for me...but it's going well so we're starting to think about ways to expand.

just wondering what everyone else's story is.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I am a full time mom to 16month old Quincy... He keeps me super busy :)
My husband and I came up with a concept and have worked together to bring it to market. We will be launching in the coming days. I have done most of the leg work during naptimes (luckily he naps 4 hours a day!) And as far as setting up appointments with retailers, I will be doing that in the coming week and will have a sitter for one day a week as I hit the streets.
Most of my time will be spent trying to get the word out about our brand virally, and on internet message boards and such. Again that can all take place during naptime :)

Now I am 4.5 months pregnant and I hope to be up and running smoothly before our new addition arrives. And perhaps I can pay someone to handle the leg work as I sit back and manage.... but I am dreaming big!

·
Registered
241 Posts
About to go full-time on the business, been building things up for a long while and I have just resigned from my full time job today! One more week and then self-employment!

·
Registered
154 Posts
I'm getting laid off from my regular job on May 31st, i have been wanting to do this full time for awhile now. I have only been selling on ebay. Selling mainly sports type t-shirts, last week, from Sunday to Wednesday, i sold 88 t-shirts, and that was with only 3 designs on line. Up all night printing. 1 was a baseball tee, 1 NFL type, 1 college. I believe that being laid off is a sign to give this a shot fulltime. So as of June 1st, this will be my fulltime job.

·
Registered
192 Posts
About to launch, but it'll definitely be part-time. I'm a farmer in my real life. Eat more lettuce.

Wow! 4.5 months pregnant and still sounds like you're firing on all cylinders (govtissues). My wife just had a baby and her 9 months previous was a blur of morning sickness and pretty much nothing else...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts