T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to sublimation and we're trying to do a full wrap on an aluminum mug. We're having problems with the paper crinkling up or buckling where the ends meet, are there any tricks to stop this from happening?

· Registered
781 Posts
I'm new to sublimation and we're trying to do a full wrap on an aluminum mug. We're having problems with the paper crinkling up or buckling where the ends meet, are there any tricks to stop this from happening?
Posting a picture makes it easier to help.

One thing that can help is to wet the papers edge a little to help it conform to the substrate (mug). Some people do this on the top and bottom of the mug print.

What mug press are you using?

· Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info, I'll give that a try. I would have posted a picture but this was just dropped into my lap by our owner and the only thing he told me is that the paper crinkles up and he needs me to figure out how to stop that from happening. I'm hoping to get some testing in on my own next week and if I'm still having issues I'll have pictures. Thanks again for the help, it's greatly appreciated.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.