T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there one and all,

I'm new to the world of t-shirt printing, but me and my business partner have created numerous designs and at the stage to look for someone to print them.

Firstly i want to know whether its possible for the full face of a t-shirt to be screen printed? From looking through the internet a lot of printers seem to constrain proportions to about 12in x 17in or thereabouts. Is it possible to have the whole chest of a t-shirt screen printed or is there a more suitable printing alternative? Would i be looking at a higher cost for such a design printed?

Am i also right in understanding that screen printing leaves that almost raised residue type texture? The sort of texture that can break up/crack if the garment is heavily stretched?

If so, would a more suitable alt. be dye sublimination for a more textureless touch? And would this also have size constraints?

Many thanks for any help.

·
Administrator
14,483 Posts
Oversized printing like what you are looking for is called all over printing. Depending on the design, it's usually done with waterbased or a platisol with a softner additive.

All over printing is more expensive to do.

Dye sublimation can also be done all over and has no feel whatsoever. However, it can only be applied to light colored polyester material.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts