T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello and thanks in advance for the help,

I have a client I am doing a design for (not this one, lol, it's just a sample layout for presenting my question). It has tribal that wraps from the front shoulder to the back, like in my example. I was wondering whether the files for the screen printer should be just layout for the front and the back, or if it should just be one continuous file layout like my second example "B"? I'm pretty sure that the answer is to go with "A", just wanted to check and get some thoughts.

*Also, this particular shirt also has a tribal that goes from the right front side, to the back, should this piece be saved as a separate file for another screen (where you would lay the shirt out on the press, on it's side, to print it all at once)? Or should I cut that in half as well, with one half on the front and one half on the back?

My client hasn't decided on a printer yet, so I'm trying to give him the most common layout of the files to take to a printer.

Attachments

· Registered
16 Posts
I have a similar situation. I have a customer who wants a graphic that is tall, on the front right side (from chest to abdomen) that continues around the right side at the bottom to the back. Is this printed as one graphic, or would it need to be two screens, one for front and one for back?

· Registered
2,986 Posts
I have a similar situation. I have a customer who wants a graphic that is tall, on the front right side (from chest to abdomen) that continues around the right side at the bottom to the back. Is this printed as one graphic, or would it need to be two screens, one for front and one for back?

It's going to be two screens...oversized screens.

· Registered
3,506 Posts
denise, don't they sometimes print on the fabric and then sew/manufacture the shirt, i guess depending on the size of the print (don't know, never set up a file for this and am not a printer)?

btw, who's the little white stinker on your avatar?

· Registered
3 Posts
I have done a few designs like this and its far easier to have one screen going slightly over the seem and then the other screen to finish it. I usually try to avoid designs that continue i use a break (like two pieces of tribal swish) to allow for any movement and less rejects. But definately use two screens. Whole shirts can only be laid out so far without warping the design.

· Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I actually asked this a while back, then I worked for a screen print shop as their artist for a while and learn a lot about the print production side of things, rather than just creating art. To answer my own question, the way that the screen print shop I worked for would do this design probably would be 1 screen for the top area hanging over the shirt, one for the back, and one for the whole side print. But 2 oversize screens would work too.

· Registered
2,986 Posts
denise, don't they sometimes print on the fabric and then sew/manufacture the shirt, i guess depending on the size of the print (don't know, never set up a file for this and am not a printer)?

btw, who's the little white stinker on your avatar?

Hi Tim,
Yes, there's the print then cut/sew process.

The lil pup (big, 77 lbs) white pup is Bella, one of two special needs pups we adopted as puppies....albino, born deaf and blind in one eye....real limited to no vision in her other eye. Dumped and survived a LONG time in the mts. as a PUPPY ! She's now nearing 9yrs...her adopted bro, same issues,also dumped/survived a long time in a different mt. range, but his seeing eye is like an eagle's . He's 4yrs
Spoiled to the max.....

· Registered
3,506 Posts
Hi Tim,
Yes, there's the print then cut/sew process.

The lil pup (big, 77 lbs) white pup is Bella, one of two special needs pups we adopted as puppies....albino, born deaf and blind in one eye....real limited to no vision in her other eye. Dumped and survived a LONG time in the mts. as a PUPPY ! She's now nearing 9yrs...her adopted bro, same issues,also dumped/survived a long time in a different mt. range, but his seeing eye is like an eagle's . He's 4yrs
Spoiled to the max.....
yeah we adopted a 6 mo old bull/pit 'staffordshire terrier.....yeah right' mix whose previous owner kicked a couple of his teeth out and poured battery acid on his head. he's also now 80 lbs four years layer and when we snack at our coffee table sits between us as not to miss a morsel. love the little stinker to the max even though he's taken over the house with his spoiled self.

you are awesome for adopting those dogs and saving their lives. -god bless!

· Registered
2,986 Posts
yeah we adopted a 6 mo old bull/pit 'staffordshire terrier.....yeah right' mix whose previous owner kicked a couple of his teeth out and poured battery acid on his head. he's also now 80 lbs four years layer and when we snack at our coffee table sits between us as not to miss a morsel. love the little stinker to the max even though he's taken over the house with his spoiled self.

you are awesome for adopting those dogs and saving their lives. -god bless!

Thank you Tim. You guys are wonderful for saving your pup. Geez, how can people be so horrible?
Yes, we are firm believers in the totally spoiling aspect...both in making up for the horror that they went through as well as the fact that we have to squeeze in lots of love and spoiling in the short time we have them in our lives.

Last year, a couple days before Christmas, we lost the fight to save our Cattledog, our alpha leader of the pack. 7 months before, she was diagnosed with osteosarcoma (bone cancer) had her right rear leg amputated, chemo.....etc......
Just goes to show how quickly everything can change from a pup being strong and no issues (strong, tough, excellent hearing, excellent sight, etc)
It was devastating.

I guess even more of a reminder of how life is so fragile and can change in a heartbeat.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.