T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
at first i thought i would be transferring only one side of the shirt but now i have to put a small transfer on the front pocket ...my question is do i put something between the transfer already pressed and the transfer to be pressed as to not melt the underneath one or is that not a problem....i am retired and am starting to do small jobs just to keep me busy but sometimes it is keeping me too busy......thanks....the doc

·
Registered
173 Posts
Doc, I read on this forum a while ago to put an oversize mouse pad between the front and back. You can get them at the local office store. This helps the heat from affecting the other transfer. Hope this helps, The Cookster.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks bob ...glad to get such a quick response....i will pick one up and give it a try...thanks again...the doc

·
Registered
23 Posts
Thanks for the tip as well. Just finished pressing my first test shirts. Whoo-Hoo, it worked! :D
So, now, I've washed them and the image is seperating, there are good suggestions for dealing with this on the forum. In particular, we are doing some pocket tees with front and back pressing, had a bit of trouble there so thanks again for the tip about the mouse pad.
Brian

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hey Lou
I am, until the new printer shows up (1280 , installing a bulk ink system), using an Epson 2200 with the ultrachrome inks. Not ideal, but I'll end up with some give-aways, personal shirts or oil rags while I learn.
The first transfers I have tried are from a sample pack that I included in my order for the Hix Swingman 15 that we are starting out with. Bought from Alpha Supplies, the sheets are called Alpha Green, and the Alpha Gold for dark shirts. Not happy with the hand even after washing - I though that I'd try the magicjet paper next, it's getting good reviews here.
I like the idea of dye sublimation, but want to stay with all cotton - the 50/50 blends don't seem like they'd sell as well, and I suppose I'm biased 'cause I wear cotton.
Boy, I don't know what I'd do with out access to the expertise here! Saves time and money both :D
Brian

·
Registered
4,766 Posts
This forum has given me a great deal of information and hopefully I have been able to share some of the skills that I picked up doing the transfer thing and my past experience. I know I am on here a lot but I am formally retired and do the business thing as a way to keep busy.. other than that I play my poker tournaments.. My wife watches my 4 and half grandson during the day so he takes up the rest of the house and I sit here exiled to my room. Along with my 2 cats who truly believe my grandson is going to kill them. don't get me wrong but how many times can I watch the rescuers.. I think he has seen it 10 times this week. I like it when he comes in and says "So bada, hows business" By the way that is where my name came from. he call me bada which is not even close to Lou but things like that you don't change. Out of the mouth of babes..

·
Registered
58 Posts
I've done many pocket t's by sliding the shirt in the machine so only one side is on the top. Never had a problem this way.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
I do mine the same way as you Bruce. I did go get the oversized mouse pad Lou suggested(didnt work well for me). I can see using it on other items though. I will be doing canvas bags for Care Packages to the troops and will need the mouse pad for them. I just found it easier for me to load the shirt around the base of my press.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts