T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
HELP, SOMEONE.....PLEASE!!

I am trying to get this design screenprinted (250 black shirts) for my church's conference starting 8th Sept.
I've been asking for the designer to supply me with the colour separation in vector format for the screenprinter for weeks now.....they have just told me that they can't do it. GREAT!!
From hunting around Adelaide today I've found out that it can be done but for a cost - of course.

I believe this logo was done in Adobe Illustrator (is this already in vector format?)

My predicament:- I've a good quote for thescreenprint, shirts arrived on my doorstep today, have quoted my price for the job and have been payed up front.
Original quote was for 300-400 shirts now down to 250 shirts expecting same price as quoted.
Now the artwork / color separations...same deal.

I'm a babyboomer and without even the slighest idea of how to go about this.
CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME AND HELP ME QUICKLY ! ?

I normally do Swarovski crystals, vinyl and transfers - first venture to the screenprint world.
What an adventure it has been.

In great expectation and anticipation.....

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
Illustrator should be Vector format allready, as long as your designer didnt save as jpg. and email it to you. Why cant your screen printer separate for you?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just checked, they sent it to me as a jpeg!

They also sent me the wrong logo a few days ago and am still waiting on the current one.

For me now it's really all about time and the additional costs I will have to outlay.

Guess I'll just have to travel to their doorstep and shake them senseless....won't I!

·
Registered
27 Posts
I had some similar troubles when I first started! I would suggest finding a freelancer from Elance and stating up front what your expectations are. I've found that some screenprinting shops save money by hiring the average joe who isn't really a graphic designer who can separate the artwork for you. This can
be to your advantage if you can get your freelancer to separate the work in the first place, but if your finding it hard to complete the separtations up front before the printer gets the work, I would suggest finding another printer who actually has a real graphic art department.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think the main point I'm trying to express here is that I don't have time on my side anymore.

Today, Friday, is my cut off.

ie. when I get up in the morning I have to have something.

The screenprinter said he can do it if I provide the artwork in vector form.

Would be simple if I was provided with the right format to pass on to the screenprinter.

thanks for the responses guys, but not offence, not helping.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts