T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what print head the freejet 330tx uses? I have a print head I bought for my anajet sprinter years ago and is sitting in a box. It seems as if they might use the same print head. The box says product # F186000

· Registered
20 Posts
Dont quote me on this but I think you can find it on the old print head if removed. They are fairly specific from what I undestand as you'll usually be asked for the S/N if replacing it. If youre at the stage of replacing the printhead, why dont you try removing the old one and clearing the clog (if thats whats wrong)

· Registered
4,580 Posts
That part number is a DX5 print-head, and many non Epson printers use it.

If the one on your freejet looks the same, then it is also a DX5 and you should be able to use it.
There is the lock issue, but as it is intended for a non-epson printer, it shouldn't be a problem.

· Registered
10 Posts
That part number is a DX5 print-head, and many non Epson printers use it.

If the one on your freejet looks the same, then it is also a DX5 and you should be able to use it.
There is the lock issue, but as it is intended for a non-epson printer, it shouldn't be a problem.
Does it mean I can use even a locked DX5 printhead on my DTG M2 printer?

· Registered
10 Posts
I don't know how the M2 is made. Is it an Epson conversion?
If it is and therefore has an Epson controller (your computer will identify it as an Epson Printer, and install Epson drivers)... then yes you can.
___
very interesting. This printer is based on MUTOH -RJ900c. and I have always ordered the unlocked heads, but the last time I ordered a head from an official supplier "ColDesi" and they sent me the Locked head and it works fine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.