T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
950 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found this article to be pretty interesting. It talks a little bit about Freedom of Speech and t-shirts. Two women, one the wife of a Florida congressman were removed from the State of the Union Address on Tuesday because of what their t-shirts said. It also refers to students that have been kicked out of school because of their t-shirts.

http://www.firstamendmentcenter.org/commentary.aspx?id=16410

Personally, I think a person has the right to make, or purchase a t-shirt that says anything they want it to, but I also beleive that you shouldn't wear it where ever you want to, even if you do have a right to. Most people do choose their apparel based on where they are going, who they are with, and if it's appropriate.

What do you think about this subject?

·
Registered
950 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Believe me, I'm the last person on earth that really cares about politics. That's not what this thread is meant to be about. I just wondered what the thoughts were about having a t-shirt that gets banned either by a school, or any place that doesn't have a dress code otherwise.

·
Registered
62 Posts
well from a strictly business standpoint, i am quite sure that the controversy surrounding the shirt would generate publicity! and lets face it, controversy sells!

·
Premium Member
27,691 Posts
Decal_Designs said:
Believe me, I'm the last person on earth that really cares about politics. That's not what this thread is meant to be about. I just wondered what the thoughts were about having a t-shirt that gets banned either by a school, or any place that doesn't have a dress code otherwise.
I understand that's not your intent :) However, that's the way a "freedom of speech" topic goes. It's inherently a political type debate (even when it involves t-shirts)

As mrmagic2713 pointed out, from a business standpoint, it's more free publicity for your shirt and depending on the shirts design, it could either result in more people wanting to wear that design. I guess it's also possible that it could impact you negatively if groups tried to get your business shutdown somehow.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts