T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

Currently we arn't printing too many custom jobs at the moment. I've been screen printing for a good 4 years now. (For other companies. Now I've stepped up and am doing my own thing)

But we're still a new, small staffed company and a few of our marketing people came up with an advertising idea.

Not sure how I feel about it yet. But we would be running a small ad in our local paper, something like

$75 Free Screen Printing Credit!

Equal to 10 shirts, 1 color, 1 location, call for details. (Etc.)

Were not that big of company yet, we're rather new to the custom side of things and the whole point of this would be to create buzz and print shirts for NOTABLE business around our area.

Obvilously I know we would be loosing money on this one. & I'm not going to print EVERY business' free shirts that give us a call! But I would love to add some new ones to our Clients list on our website, get some people talking, etc.

Tell me what you guys think.

·
Registered
24 Posts
imo...i think its a good idea, but i wouldn't do it without a "catch". i would maybe add the free 10 shirts to their existing order-or another option to just "create buzz' would be to offer them the shirts in exchange for being able to have your logo somewhere on the shirt, or your business info, like a sponser. i think you would benefit more from something along that lines than just giving them "free shirts"

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Not sure if thats a good idea.make sure add says limited time,limited quantity so if it gets outta hand you can end it. Why dont you target the clientell you want and hand deliver them a flyer with the coupon on it and a couple business cards that way you are only inviting the businesses you want. face to face is a good way to sell!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Not sure if thats a good idea.make sure add says limited time,limited quantity so if it gets outta hand you can end it. Why dont you target the clientell you want and hand deliver them a flyer with the coupon on it and a couple business cards that way you are only inviting the businesses you want. face to face is a good way to sell!
Super advice! Find your target audience and play to them!

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
I'm not sure I see how this creates buzz or attracts notable companies.

If you want to attract notable companies, go talk to the companies. You'd be much better off creating a nice presentation package of what you can do, and as has already been suggested, enclosing a coupon with your offer on it.

If you're looking to generate buzz, do something buzz worthy. Putting an ad in the local paper isn't buzz worthy. Sponsoring a local team, donating t-shirts for a major event or hosting an open house at your store might be buzzworthy. If you're looking to increase your visibility in your local area, you'll have to do something that gets people to notice you. I don't think placing an ad is it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts