T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I have an FP-125 and its a work horse usually. With the holidays we flushed the printer and it has cleaning fluid installed. The lines have been flushed and it has been plugged in. Last night however it started looping in "auto maintenance" mode and does not communicate with the computer. Anajet is closed for the New Year's holiday, so any suggestions are greatly appreciated. :confused:

·
Registered
355 Posts
This sounds really basic, I know, But have you turned it ALL THE WAY off, even in the back? and then back on? Making sure nothing in printer cache during the time when it is turned off?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This sounds really basic, I know, But have you turned it ALL THE WAY off, even in the back? and then back on? Making sure nothing in printer cache during the time when it is turned off?
Yes, indeed. Shut everything down. Cleared cache. reset chip holder. Cleaned encoder strip.

Anajet - just gave me instructions to reset the chip holder up to 8 times and to re-clean the strip and the optical lense. Keeping my fingers crossed!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, indeed. Shut everything down. Cleared cache. reset chip holder. Cleaned encoder strip.

Anajet - just gave me instructions to reset the chip holder up to 8 times and to re-clean the strip and the optical lense. Keeping my fingers crossed!
Still having on-going issues with System Maintenance loop. Happens following weekly maintenance when I boot the computer back up or following auto maintenance.

Good news - I'm getting very good at re-setting the chip! What once took me almost 45-minutes as I was so afraid I might break something, I now have down to about 4-minutes to tear down in order to reset chip holder than another 4-7 minutes to clean everything and reassemble.

Have had to reset up to 8 times 4-times this past week.

Any insight is greatly appreciated. It has been a busy weekend with all this extra maintenance and its 1am and now I can call it a night and hope it doesn't go offline before I get started in the morning.....

Will keep posting until I find a better solution.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey Jo, when was the last time you did a nozzle check? I think that your problem is the print head. The printer knows when you've got clogged nozzles and I know you've had it for a while
My printer is down at the moment. I have replacement parts on order and in the meantime am working with another print shop to keep my customers orders filled.

I'll post as soon as I get the printer back up and running.

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
ok let me know if you need anything. In your defense I've had a printer in our office that got fixed then all of a sudden auto maintenance loop kicks in. I can see how people are so dang frustrated with these printers. It has a potential to be a great printer, just too many dang things that trip this loop

·
Registered
41 Posts
Man... My Sprint was working fine, I was having banding on my white so I pulled off the dampers and flushed some cleaning fluid through, as I've done many, many times before..... then "reset service count" goes on... I tried everything with no luck. So I spend 2 hours with Anajet tech support... no luck. They tell me that it's something to do with the eye, or the capping station (which it's not since that was installed brand new last month), and they aren't allowed to talk to me because I'm 3rd party owner... What the crap? If you buy a used Ford truck and the check engine light comes on and you go to the ford dealership they don't tell you they can't diagnose it because you bought it used!

And when I say I tried everything, I mean everything short of replacing major parts. I did replace the encoder strip, but that was just because I had an extra here.

So I'm in the process of taking apart the carriage to makes sure the eye isn't unplugged or something, and when I take off the print head I see moisture on the connection ribbons... FML. There was also moisture and corrosion on the connections on the actual head.

I'm guessing some cleaning fluid leaked out of my syringe when I was looking under the head... Either way it happened.

So I dry the thing out (even used a blow dryer on the connection). Put it all back together and power it on..... RESET SERVICE COUNT GONE!

Buuuuuuuttttt now it's suck in Auto Maintenance loop.

I'm going to replace the head and ribbons and see if that clears up the problem.

Does anyone know of a fuse that might blow from moisture on the ribbon to the print head?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.