T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I am using PHPbb2 on my site for a forum and wondered which forum software you guy thought the best and most easily adaptable. I am a little worried as i have heard there are security issues with PHPbb2.

Rodney what forum software did you use for T-shirt forums?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
27,698 Posts
If I was installing a forum these days, I would pick vbulletin with no question.

I used to use phpbb, but I found that it wasn't as supported as vbulletin and it seemed to be more of a target to hackers.

vbulletin isn't free, so sometimes it doesn't "feel" like the right choice for a site where the forum isn't the focus (I mean, if you are selling t-shirts, do you really need a forum?), but the money spent on it is well worth it if you decide to go that route.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Rodney said:
(I mean, if you are selling t-shirts, do you really need a forum?), but the money spent on it is well worth it if you decide to go that route.
Thanks for the info. I am trying to build a sport resource site - game, quiz, forum around my t-shirts as they are specifically related to a sport. The idea beind hopefully that I can pick more keywords than purely t-shirt related and hopefully people will keep coming back and maybe buy a t-shirt while they are there

·
Premium Member
27,698 Posts
TROskell said:
Thanks for the info. I am trying to build a sport resource site - game, quiz, forum around my t-shirts as they are specifically related to a sport. The idea beind hopefully that I can pick more keywords than purely t-shirt related and hopefully people will keep coming back and maybe buy a t-shirt while they are there
Interesting. Nice way to think outside the "marketing" box :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts