T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. I get get images to print great, but I cannot seem to figure out how to view, size, preview a pure white imagine. I see just a plain white sheet, like there is no image on it, and I can't seem to get it to be visible, so I can size it or other. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
May I ask one more question?
On almost every image, there appears to be a very random spattering of white border. The images I am using are from a graphics designer, with transparent background. When I print the image, it looks fine. After applying the adhesive, and peeling, it looks as though there is a very thin, sporadic white border, but not on each side and very inconsistent. This obviously shows on every dark garment. When I do a test print, directly from my printer C711WT, the print is spectacular, so I think it must be something I'm doing, or not doing in my software to eliminate any color (and white) from anywhere outside of my image. Any thoughts?

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes, I do use the under fill in step 4 and have been experimenting with using anywhere from 2-5. is it normal to have to trim every transparency edges? This has been on only place I see a problem. I trimmed one, because I was tired of the thin faint white lines. Should I be trimming every page after marrying the A and B? This is normal?

· Registered
261 Posts
and a little trick that may or may not work (depending on the day of the week lol) is to put a piece of heat tape over the white line, and heatpress for a few seconds. When removing the tape, there is a fair chance that the white line would come off with it.

· Registered
2,732 Posts
On almost every image, there appears to be a very random spattering of white border.
What paper are you using and what pressure are you using when you marry the A and B sheets? Wondering if your pressure is too high and you are getting the adhesive squeezing out between the layers?

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi. I'm using the Forever A-Foil Finishing, along the the companion Forever adhesive sheets. Never thought about the pressure. I'm using the HIX Swingman 20, which has a dial for pressure, not an actual reading. The pressure "bars" indicator is High. Perhaps I'll try with less pressure.

Thanks

PS, I'm changing my image sizing in the Layout, by %, but is there an easy way to make the size a certain size by inches or CM? Say if I want an image 6" 8 8"?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.