T-Shirt Forums banner

Forever Transfer Rip and OKI8432

1435 Views 2 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  Reymond
I just purchased an OKI8432 white toner printer and I am using the Forever transfer Rip software
I have been having tremendous success with it
however I have some issues when wanting to print on different colors
for example if i have an image going on black i can eliminate alot of the black data and it gives me a beautiful soft hand on the shirt,if i try to keep black data on other prints they come out quite paper like feeling
My question is does anyone have some advice or printing tips on how to use this software ? changing angles? which masks to use? etc.....
The supplier i got the machine from has no training included at all with the machine and I am basically going on trial and error,would kind of like to not waster films printing wasted images

thanks in advance for anyone who responds with some advice
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
I don't have one of these, but as I understand to accommodate white toner, it is CMYW not CMYK. So there is not black. Black is created by laying down CMY. To me that seems like you need three times the ink to get black. If so it might be why it is feeling thick.

Only thing I can think of is a second printer for when white isn't involved. Or maybe I am not understanding the question.
I just purchased an OKI8432 white toner printer and I am using the Forever transfer Rip software
I have been having tremendous success with it
however I have some issues when wanting to print on different colors
for example if i have an image going on black i can eliminate alot of the black data and it gives me a beautiful soft hand on the shirt,if i try to keep black data on other prints they come out quite paper like feeling
My question is does anyone have some advice or printing tips on how to use this software ? changing angles? which masks to use? etc.....
The supplier i got the machine from has no training included at all with the machine and I am basically going on trial and error,would kind of like to not waster films printing wasted images

thanks in advance for anyone who responds with some advice
Try Digital Factory OKI TT Edition from cadlink.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.