T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have FOREVER Laser Transparent paper we are trying to place on a shirt. I got instructions telling me to heat press to 365F press for 15 sec than rub transfer than remove after 10sec. Well I try that and it does not work, it does not transfer to the shirt, there will be a little color from the image on the shirt but thats it...

I read on a diff site that you press for 15 sec than let it sit for 15 sec than peel. Is that what I need to do? I dont want to weast the transfers. Also this is a older press its not digitle.

· Registered
10 Posts
oh a rolling pen ok, well i'll try more pressure and see what happens thanks.
Hi, Just wondering did you manage to get the Forever Laser Transparent paper to work for you?
I have lots of problems with it. I have never gotten a single shirt to be defect free. Most of the time it will leave part of the print still on the paper. I did find that the darker the printed image helped with good transfer to the shirt. I have tried the 180 degree / 15 sec press/ 15 sec wait method. still not great.
Anybody got any knowledge to share on this Transfer paper?

· Registered
13 Posts
i use this paper all the time. what kind of heat press are you using? i had an older one that couldn't give enough pressure and that turned out to be the problem. as soon as i switched to one of my other machines the problem was solved. BUT contrary to their instructions i only pull it HOT. it never worked for me pulling it cold or cool and i wound up with the problems that you describe here. tryt hat and see if it helps you.

· Registered
29 Posts
I'm new to this product but have had great results. we use heavy pressure, 340 degrees for 45 seconds, we then rub the image for 10 seconds with a cloth. we have had virtually no missteps using these numbers, we then finish for 15 more seconds with a Teflon sheet to do final set.
Thanks for the advice... We messed up more than half our order due the faulty directions from the distributor, and am hoping we receive discount on reprint...

· Registered
7 Posts
I'm new to this product but have had great results. we use heavy pressure, 340 degrees for 45 seconds, we then rub the image for 10 seconds with a cloth. we have had virtually no missteps using these numbers, we then finish for 15 more seconds with a Teflon sheet to do final set.
my i ask what kind of printer you used? settings?
i recently tested the forever transparent but failed. here's my link to the post.. http://www.t-shirtforums.com/p1331017-post12.html

any help on this would be great.

· Registered
3 Posts
We have a go uno led from okidata and a big Ricoh copy center, both seem to work very well. Go uno is not inexpensive but it does work very well. other lasers and copy centers will work based on what I read, but there are some to avoid, you just need to look at the paper manufacturers recommendations.

· Registered
10 Posts
I tried this and it worked but the tshirt looked a bit scorched after 45 seconds but the transfer made its way to the shirt. I did use a teflon sheet for the pressing. I will try lowering the temp a bit and experiment, but thanks for the tip :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.