T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I am newbie to heat transfers. I am currently using Forever Dark Laser transfers for dark garment printng. It is very good in terms of quality. I have a problem with the designs that are of different shape and also for the text.
For designs, it is a bit ok, as I use scissors to cut the boundary to avoid the white ink. However, for odd shaped designs it is very difficult to the quality right. Same goes for text as well.
I would really appreciate if anyone can suggest a solution for this. I am sure there should be a solution for this as it is common issue for all dark transfer papers..
Should I use a separate cutter for this like a roland one, to cut the transfers? Pleaseeeeeeeee!

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Yes you will need to get a plotter/cutter with an optic eye so that you can do contour cutting. Just use the search bar to search for contour cutting and you will find lots of great threads on the subject.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you Daniel for the info. I am going through the other threads. I have a quick question - For designs using my dark transfer papers, I can contour cut using a release paper and cutter for which I saw some videos as well. But I am curious to know how can I handle text by contour cutting. Even if I use a release paper, the cutter will cut the text as individual characters and it will be really difficult to position those characters on the T shirt as a word.. Of course I can use Vinyl paper for text and cut it separately. But I am curious to know how can I use transfers and contour cut text.

THank you in advance..

·
Registered
1,441 Posts

·
Registered
4,806 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts