T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I am newbie to heat transfers. I am currently using Forever Dark Laser transfers for dark garment printng. It is very good in terms of quality. I have a problem with the designs that are of different shape and also for the text.
For designs, it is a bit ok, as I use scissors to cut the boundary to avoid the white ink. However, for odd shaped designs it is very difficult to the quality right. Same goes for text as well.
I would really appreciate if anyone can suggest a solution for this. I am sure there should be a solution for this as it is common issue for all dark transfer papers..
Should I use a separate cutter for this like a roland one, to cut the transfers? Pleaseeeeeeeee!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you Daniel for the info. I am going through the other threads. I have a quick question - For designs using my dark transfer papers, I can contour cut using a release paper and cutter for which I saw some videos as well. But I am curious to know how can I handle text by contour cutting. Even if I use a release paper, the cutter will cut the text as individual characters and it will be really difficult to position those characters on the T shirt as a word.. Of course I can use Vinyl paper for text and cut it separately. But I am curious to know how can I use transfers and contour cut text.

THank you in advance..

·
Registered
1,441 Posts

·
Registered
4,809 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.